Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are sausages disgusting?

Yeah, the ears are actually a very nice part of the pig- a treat on their own right.

It's not the ears you need to worry about. And as far as sausages go, it pays to spend extra on good quality ones from a reputable source. Don't bother with any that can be bought from the likes of Tesco.

But when they're good, fuck they are good.

Lips and tits. Cheap sausages are disgusting. My sausages however, are not.

I still don't like sausages though.

Cheap sausages are crap (almost literally), but decent ones are amazing.

Mind you I also like black pudding and haggis, so it's no indication of taste!

Mechanically recovered meat is disgusting. Sausages (and anything else) made of it are disgusting. Proper sausages are ace.

Better to use all of the animal than just a few select cuts. When you get down to it, eyelids are still meat.

they are pretty disgusting and greasy...but i *did* used to love them!

linda-mccartney-soysages.jpg

these are the best! (/awaits flaming ;) )

I remember turning up in a remote Spanish village one lunchtime, really hungry, to find that the only place open and serving food was a bar which had only one sort of tapa available which was pigs ears (orejas). Not exactly me favourite but not that bad. People are far to squeamish about this kind of thing - if yer going to kill an animal then you really ought to eat as much of it as possible.

Sausages are the food of the gods.

I remember turning up in a remote Spanish village one lunchtime, really hungry, to find that the only place open and serving food was a bar which had only one sort of tapa available which was pigs ears (orejas). Not exactly me favourite but not that bad. People are far to squeamish about this kind of thing - if yer going to kill an animal then you really ought to eat as much of it as possible.

Sausages are the food of the gods.

I quite like orejas a la plancha, with a bit of lemon :) kind of bacony.

Jimmy from Jimmy's Farm did a recent show when he tried to put cow's nose in a sausage but they wouldn't let him. They said cheek was OK but not nose was not permitted. Apparently hearts are popular and also connective tissue.

I don't care if it's intestines and eyeballs and arseholes - if it tastes good, I'm all for it! Better than killing an animal and eating less than half of it.

Sainsbury's do lovely own brand frozen ones, cheap too.

But then I probably have very unsophisticated taste buds.

Cheap sausages are crap (almost literally), but decent ones are amazing.

Mind you I also like black pudding and haggis, so it's no indication of taste!

Being a religiously non-observant Jew, I rather like black puddings myself, so much so that I make my own. :)

Really VP? Are you using that dried blood stuff?

Apparently Joe Public can buy bags of blood again now, albeit from certain (treated) sources.

Back
Top Bottom