Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone got the SNES mini?

donkyboy

Crazy Cat/Fox man
I'm tempted. None in stock in Argos.

Can't do these modern games like COD and Halo etc. Too complicated and the world in each game is so big, I find it hard just watching someone play

2880px-Pirate_Flag.svg.png

QUuCO9w.jpg

I got a Wii U off Cex for £70. And you can play all the SNES games on that, it’s called Virtual Console. And all the modern games, like Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Lego City Undercover, Super Mario, all cost between £5 and £10.

Best of all, my five year old lad thinks he has a Nintendo Switch.

you have to pay a decent wack for each of the games on the virtual console

they are kinda probably worth it if you like the title but getting a large library will be pricey

Raspberry pi and retropie build. Then get the roms. Or look on eBay for a Nintendo wii preloaded with all the virtual console games on an sd card. Picked one up for about £40 earlier in the year. Then added the usb loader, external drive and added all the decent wii games from ISO files too.

I have one, got it last Christmas. Easy to forget how pixelly snes games looked compared to modern ones. They still play well, although Mario Kart feels a bit basic.

Metroid is still bastard hard imho.

Main issue with the Mini is the stupidly short controller leads that mean you end up sat on the floor in front of the telly, not on the sofa. Will upgrade to wireless controllers at some point soon...

Back
Top Bottom