Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any Warhammer 40k ( tabletop) players on here

After I got into roleplaying and wargamming I came to the firm conclusion Warhammer is a money-driven scam of the worse kind. Heaven knows how much this stuff costs now, but it was a expensive when I played it 15 years ago.

Used to do it about 20 years ago :D Had a Chaos space marines. I also had chaos proper warhammer and those massive chaos books.

Likked blood bowl as well.

Not sure I want to revisit those days again lol :D I went to a games workshop outing to a geeks converntion in sheffield and it kind of put me off :D

After I got into roleplaying and wargamming I came to the firm conclusion Warhammer is a money-driven scam of the worse kind. Heaven knows how much this stuff costs now, but it was a expensive when I played it 15 years ago.

Yeah I spent loads! My mate used to buy lots of non-warhammer models and they wouldn't let him use them in the shop FFS!

Not sure I want to revisit those days again lol :D I went to a games workshop outing to a geeks converntion in sheffield and it kind of put me off :D

I used to go to wargames fairs quite a lot. They had a good one in Reading every year, probably still do. Wall to wall men with paunches and ponytails.

Nerds.

nelson-haha.jpg

:D

(((nerds))))

Gorkamorka was the best, I was thoroughly embittered that not many others loved it n it died.

Sold all my awesome rebel grott and orc stuff years ago.

40k Orcs were proper fucking boring in comparison.

I sold everthing off last year, so that the family could have a few days holiday.
I still have my skaven in a box somewhere, and a box of mixed space marines.
I am slowly putting together a black powder napoleonic british army
and have some warlord plastic ww2 models
the new historics are fab and really good value for money (victrix do 60 infantry for £21!!)

I wish there was a computerised version of the tabletop game. Not Dawn of War (which is a good game in its own right), but a proper turn based tactical game with dice rolls and everything.

I wish there was a computerised version of the tabletop game. Not Dawn of War (which is a good game in its own right), but a proper turn based tactical game with dice rolls and everything.

They could make it online, like mtgo, and still print money.

There were a couple several years ago. No doubt 'freely' available on the internet somewhere.

Theres two versions of Space Hulk, one with an engine so crappy it looks like it was ripped off from Ultima: The Stygian Abyss and one which is top down and better.

There is also the Warhammer fantasy game Shadow of the Horned Rat.

Vengeance of the Blood Angels was about as well

They could make it online, like mtgo, and still print money.

I suspect they're concerned it will canabalise tabletop sales, and not gain many new customers; after all the only mainstream turn based game is civ. They're probably right.

citidael miniatures is funnily enough primarily concerned with shifting the little men that you paint for a handsome mark up. They must have wanked for joy when they got the franchise for LOTR wargaming.

I still have a lead bilbo that predates the Games Workshop models. Ahem.

citidael miniatures is funnily enough primarily concerned with shifting the little men that you paint for a handsome mark up. They must have wanked for joy when they got the franchise for LOTR wargaming.

Hasn't your mum got a couple of plastic Pippins?

Wizards of the Coast were shifting tons of expensive paper MTG trading cards only to discover people would pay exactly the same amount to own digital versions. Lots of them. Which must have been fucking brilliant in the boardroom with high fives all round.

Wizards of the Coast were shifting tons of expensive paper MTG trading cards only to discover people would pay exactly the same amount to own digital versions. Lots of them. Which must have been fucking brilliant in the boardroom with high fives all round.
Can't imagine the publshing costs on the cards were too high either TBH.

But you're probably right, if they did it in the TF2 mould, F2P with loads and loads of (really) premium DLC it could work.

I wonder if it would be insane to try and do this. It could be a community programming project. Would GM come round our houses and kill us?

Back
Top Bottom