Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any Warhammer 40k ( tabletop) players on here

Played Imperial Assault for the first time tonight. So much awesome! Deffo my top choice for next table top gaming purchase.

Really nice play system and captures the films in a really nice way.

On the table top gaming front spent the last three weeks playing a campaign in Imperial Assault which had been awesome. Such a great game!

Getting it next pay day!

New "Warhammer" shop (not Games Workshop) has opened on Tottenham Court Road. I popped in and picked up a Space Marine set at random.

£140.

so they want to arrest falling sales with a rebrand rather than maybe....stop gouging kids for silly money on plastic models? genius

those are nice miniatures. still bloody expensive though.

Yes it is and Mr Bopz loves it!

Here are some of the reasons I spend too many of my evenings and weekends alone:

1425618_10152339314862576_1929985239_n.jpg

11156210_10155456580705015_5302395927709088505_n.jpg

309829_10150443237377576_872835829_n.jpg

All that in addition to the weekly podcast. Yes really.

I remember when GW was a games shop not just an outlet for their own product. Visiting the little shop on Dalling Rd used to be the highlight of school trips to London. We weren't supposed to leave S.Kensington.

Lads, I just had some serious charity shop triumph. I just got two boxes of sqauds of Kroot Carnivores, unopened. I was bit disappointed, because I spotted them from the door just as the shop was closing on Saturday (the ladies closing wouldn't let me in to buy them) and I thought they were boxes of Dark Eldar, which I would have enjoyed painting more. Anyway, I went in to buy them this morning. I don't want to play that army, but I was glad to get them because they'll be fun to paint. Then the shopkeeper told me there's another bag of "that stuff" in the window. It was a massive binbag full of various Warhammer stuff, almost all unpainted (but unboxed, which means I don't know what's there and what's missing, but there's loads of it) for 15 quid!! Looks like there are some Space Marines in there, some sort of vehicle, some terrain, some rotten looking demon type metal things that are probably Slaanesh, some horsey/knighty type guys, a large fantasy battle goblin statuette, some sort of epic scale stuff, a box of markers for Fantasy Battle - loads and loads!

Lads, I just had some serious charity shop triumph. I just got two boxes of sqauds of Kroot Carnivores, unopened. I was bit disappointed, because I spotted them from the door just as the shop was closing on Saturday (the ladies closing wouldn't let me in to buy them) and I thought they were boxes of Dark Eldar, which I would have enjoyed painting more. Anyway, I went in to buy them this morning. I don't want to play that army, but I was glad to get them because they'll be fun to paint. Then the shopkeeper told me there's another bag of "that stuff" in the window. It was a massive binbag full of various Warhammer stuff, almost all unpainted (but unboxed, which means I don't know what's there and what's missing, but there's loads of it) for 15 quid!! Looks like there are some Space Marines in there, some sort of vehicle, some terrain, some rotten looking demon type metal things that are probably Slaanesh, some horsey/knighty type guys, a large fantasy battle goblin statuette, some sort of epic scale stuff, a box of markers for Fantasy Battle - loads and loads!

The stuff dreams are made of!

I didn't even know you could get epic scale 40k. I thought it was just fantasy that came in that scale. Shows what I know.

Now I need paint, milliput, files, glue, etc. etc. gaaaah I remember now how I came out with no money back when I worked in a nerd shop.

Now I need paint, milliput, files, glue, etc. etc. gaaaah I remember now how I came out with no money back when I worked in a nerd shop.
I can imagine how much worse my modelling spending would be if I had to spend all day around the figures! My models would probably look better though!

Yeah, they're pretty nice, eh? Some are missing their arms, which might or might not be included in the big bag of stuff. I might have to try my hand at sculpting them some new ones if there are none to be found. Gross tentacles ahoy!

Back
Top Bottom