Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any Warhammer 40k ( tabletop) players on here

The chaos cultists would make awesome Necromunda models, hopefully they'll release a kit with a little more versatility, then I can mash them up with some Empire Miltia/Flagellants and make a gang or 3

I'll wager a chaos cultist kit is in the pipe works now they're part of the chaos army list. There's a chaos marine wave of models soon if I remember correctly.

20130316_183147.jpg

Dante & the Sanguinary Guard discover my outrageous Council Tax bill...

Relic is out.

pic1405986_md.jpg

Looks good.

bought it. its on the shelf now. Waiting to be played. I think I should be able to force some relatives to play on birthday. In August.

There is a LOT in there for the olds skool 40k fan..

Relic is out.

pic1405986_md.jpg

Looks good.

bought it. its on the shelf now. Waiting to be played. I think I should be able to force some relatives to play on birthday. In August.

How much did that set you back and where did you buy it from?

The 'Gameskeeper' is a lovely little boardgame shop in Oxford run by an older couple. I have been going there on and off for 20years and it hasn't changed a bit. The owners or clearly hardcore 1st edition Dungeons and Dragons players. It has everything from jigsaws, scrabble, Catan through to Vampire RPG's. SO I got it there - £50 In a moment of weakness. I buy stuff there as I feel guilty saving a few quid on amazon when this shop exists a walk away.

Relic is basically Talisman + 40k.

You can be a Rogue Trader. :cool:

Relic is out.

pic1405986_md.jpg

Looks good.

It's just re-jigged Talisman. Which incidentally I think I'm gonna buy again. Want to paint all the figures whilst keeping paint costs low but want a nice selection. :hmm: Don't think I'll do it for less than £200. Suggestions?

How much did that set you back and where did you buy it from?

Dark Sphere is in London and probably the cheapest place for this sort of stuff. Check out the citadel paint prices. £1.83 a tub rather than RRP £2.30. :cool:

They don't have Talisman/Relic on their website but I have seen Talisman in the shop. Orc's Nest is another London shop that will defo stock it although you'll pay full RRP. I think Talisman might have been full RRP in Dark Sphere any way. Will check this week.

E2A: Yep it's £50 in Orc's Nest.

http://www.orcsnest.com/blurber.asp?Title=Relic

Don't fancy the new, shiny upcoming High Elves then? Granted, Skaven are a great army (collected 6,000 pts of them in 5th edition).
I don't know who I'd play in 40k actually. I suppose Dark Eldar would be the obvious one for me, although back in the day I thought they were too obvious. I'm really keen to get the Skaven on the go, but might possibly consider 40k too. It'd be mad expensive, but I suppose what else would I be spending my money on. I'm mad to get painting again! My tool box and paints are in Ireland though, and I'm in London.

you should go Golden Demon brer, the prize is a weird statue and a years supply of GW paints

I made the last bit up

Wish I could paint like that. Have you bought the whole paint collection then or just what you need as and when?

I just get them as and when - it's cheaper that way. I got a lot when they were going cheap last year before they switched supplier, and confusingly the names of the paints. I am now way near good enough for golden demon. Dim digital photos make the above look good because of the models. Golden Demon stuff is all done with one hair brushes under giant magnifing glasses!! I have neither the patience, time nor eyesight!

the chaos chosen in the 40k were incredibly difficult to paint. not a flat surface on them. the ravenwing bikes on the other hand, are all flat surfaces and too much black... unrewarding!

I just get them as and when - it's cheaper that way. I got a lot when they were going cheap last year before they switched supplier, and confusingly the names of the paints. I am now way near good enough for golden demon. Dim digital photos make the above look good because of the models. Golden Demon stuff is all done with one hair brushes under giant magnifing glasses!! I have neither the patience, time nor eyesight!

guy who visits the shop by us was a runner up in golden demon the other year with this:

423908_md-Uk%20Golden%20Demon%202012,%20Wargamestore.jpg

apparently hes decided that big magnifying glasses are not good enough and so is now using a HD camera linked to a huge monitor to do detail bits.

Back
Top Bottom