Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ANTIFA - CHASSEURS DE SKINS (2008)

This is the same complete film with English subtitles.

'Striking back against the fascists was an act of public safety.'

Reactions: zog
Watched it a few months back. Very interesting documentary. I presumed it'd already been mentioned on the BTF thread.

it's funny how they existed at the exactly the same time as AFA but both groups were completely ignorant of each others existence.

I don't suppose that would happen now

just watched the whole thing - amazing how more or less the same thing happened here at the same time. great film, might have to actually buy it:eek:

it's funny how they existed at the exactly the same time as AFA but both groups were completely ignorant of each others existence.

I don't suppose that would happen now
There was a photo shown at one point of a group of men with the words "Red Action skinheads" sprayed on a wall in the back ground, so maybe they at least knew of us?

This film appears to debunk the idea expressed on here that Le Pen's FN grew because of a lack of militant anti-fascism? This film shows that there were clearly militant, anti-fascist groups active in France.

This film appears to debunk the idea expressed on here that Le Pen's FN grew because of a lack of militant anti-fascism? This film shows that there were clearly militant, anti-fascist groups active in France.
Did it mention the anti-fascists being active outside of Paris? Can't remember as I watched it ages ago.

To what extent? Who were they fighting? Who was each group? Who could they call on as their base? These sort of questions.

More generally the BNP learnt from the FN's sidestep away from making this sort of thing the centre of their politics.

What's been debunked - that there were fascist groups in France? Never been claimed.

To what extent? Who were they fighting? Who was each group? Who could they call on as their base? These sort of questions.

More generally the BNP learnt from the FN's sidestep away from making this sort of thing the centre of their politics.

What's been debunked - that there were fascist groups in France? Never been claimed.

You might want to rewrite this, as the last bit is the exact opposite of what was posted.

I haven't ignored your reply.

Edit:

Comment by one of the main players at 49.57 minutes in:

"We all felt strongly about fighting fascism in France. It was a lost cause if you look at today's elections."

Militant anti-fascism played its part in France in driving the fascists off the streets and it has sent out a message that in future whenever fascists turn to the streets they will be met with antifa's.

Did it mention the anti-fascists being active outside of Paris? Can't remember as I watched it ages ago.

The commentary describes a "dynamic, unstoppable force" against fascism that emerged in France at the time. There is also talk in the film of the development of a 'nationwide "Redskin" movement' in France. There was little association with political party's. Politics described mainly as, "anarchist-liberation". There was however some link with 'S.O.S Racism'.

some of them in that film looked well hard.

And some of the less hard looking one's, as young as seventeen even, were taking on the most militant of the fascists. Described such: 'with arms as thick as my legs, some of whom trained French paratroopers'.

I haven't ignored your reply.

Edit:

Comment by one of the main players at 49.57 minutes in:

"We all felt strongly about fighting fascism in France. It was a lost cause if you look at today's elections."

Militant anti-fascism played its part in France in driving the fascists off the streets and it has sent out a message that in future whenever fascists turn to the streets they will be met with antifa's.

The FN still march, in fact every May Day .

you in the video?
probably not unless in the background on some gig video, only seen half so far, but I did meet/know most of the people in it.
Due to being a young punk, not a fascist but not into getting into any of the "gangs" I pretty much got a lot of shit from all sides with my mates.
The 80s, so much fun.

probably not unless in the background on some gig video, only seen half so far, but I did meet/know most of the people in it.
Due to being a young punk, not a fascist but not into getting into any of the "gangs" I pretty much got a lot of shit from all sides with my mates.
The 80s, so much fun.
was batskin feared back then?

was batskin feared back then?
depends by who I guess, main thing with fear would have been due to reputation and hearsay.
Only time I met him was on a way to a gig, after some serious verbal aggro at the start he ended saying he'd "protect" us from the other fascist/nazis at the gig, I guess he wasn't on the train on the way back as a large gang of fascist proceeded to rob every punk onboard it with baseball bats and guns in hand, and as this was the last train there wasn't really any way of not getting onto it, possibly one of my finest moment I reckon:
"look at him, he doesn't wear anything worse stealing!"
my fashion sense has not improved in the intervening years :)
On arrival at the Paris train station there was a large welcoming committee of ticket inspectors and police (no one on the "scene" used to buy tickets in those days) the skinheads forced open a door opposite the platform side and made their escape that way, me and the girl I was with managed to succesfully navigate through the uniforms without getting pulled and promptly left the area.

Basically you needed to have your wits about you, keep your eyes open onto your surroundings and be sharp when spotting large gangs of shaved heads bomber wearing people (waiting till they were close enough for you to spot their colours was not a very good idea)

depends by who I guess, main thing with fear would have been due to reputation and hearsay.
Only time I met him was on a way to a gig, after some serious verbal aggro at the start he ended saying he'd "protect" us from the other fascist/nazis at the gig, I guess he wasn't on the train on the way back as a large gang of fascist proceeded to rob every punk onboard it with baseball bats and guns in hand, and as this was the last train there wasn't really any way of not getting onto it, possibly one of my finest moment I reckon:
"look at him, he doesn't wear anything worse stealing!"
my fashion sense has not improved in the intervening years :)
On arrival at the Paris train station there was a large welcoming committee of ticket inspectors and police (no one on the "scene" used to buy tickets in those days) the skinheads forced open a door opposite the platform side and made their escape that way, me and the girl I was with managed to succesfully navigate through the uniforms without getting pulled and promptly left the area.

Basically you needed to have your wits about you, keep your eyes open onto your surroundings and be sharp when spotting large gangs of shaved heads bomber wearing people (waiting till they were close enough for you to spot their colours was not a very good idea)

Cheers for that story!Funny thing about batskin is that he is part/full lebanese? From the Christian minority I'm guessing so he probly would look abit like a 'mud/paki' to fash in the UK at that time.

Back
Top Bottom