Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angel pub on Coldharbour Lane becomes arty community space run by Brick Box

In that case I am an ex-politician (at least in Brixton)
My current role is one of truth-teller.
I have 78 Facebook Friends - mostly from Nigeria, South Africa and Malawi.
I answer questions such as "Mr Warner - do you belong to a secret society?"
or "Mr Warner - is it true about the Illuminati?"
or even "Mr Warner - what shall I do to be saved"
Although the ANC are a bit different - in that case it is
"Comrade - what have you got against Comrade Mugabe"
or "Comrade - why are you saying UBS is the favourite bank for Mugabe's cronies"

That sort of thing.

Being a guru brings a sense of responsibility.
Unlike most posters on Urban 75 who slag things and people off anonymously.

Um... That just reads like a bottle of single malt to me....
Huh?
If you are implying I am drunk (or drink anything more than the occasional Red Stripe can or real ale) you are barking up the wrong tree.
I am actually classified as demented - by my GP at least. Went to have my blood pressure done three weeks ago and he "sent me through" to CMH at 332 Brixton Road.
I had to attend an interview with a CPN for an hour this afternoon.
She ended up almost in tears. I think it was because she realised she wanted to be like me - completely free.
We were discussing my proposed move to Ghana - she (a white Mental Health nurse) is going herself on holiday in September. She has been invited to go with a Ghanaian colleague from the Gracefield Gardens establishment.
Then she will see what it is like to be in a country where the second language is English and consequently it is largely uncorrupted by rap culture. Where everyone goes to church on Sunday. And moreover if someone nicks something from your hotel room there is a substantial chance you will get it back if you ask whether anyone noticed this whatever it is that has gone missing.
A different world - and in many ways a better world.

It is a different world. I've been to Ghana, Nigeria, sierra leone etc etc etc.. What was your point though? :confused:

It is a different world. I've been to Ghana, Nigeria, sierra leone etc etc etc.. What was your point though? :confused:
I am not drunk. Just not on benefit, but have more than enough savings - so when they want me to do a CV and apply to stack shelves and I laugh they treat me as mad.
If I was in Ghana I would be respected - and the fact that I was "independently wealthy" would be a plus point.
Here they don't know what to do. "Customers" have to be engaged with - and given medication.
A mad polymath with independent wealth confuses them as much as it confuses YOU

I am not drunk. Just not on benefit, but have more than enough savings - so when they want me to do a CV and apply to stack shelves and I laugh they treat me as mad.
If I was in Ghana I would be respected - and the fact that I was "independently wealthy" would be a plus point.
Here they don't know what to do. "Customers" have to be engaged with - and given medication.
A mad polymath with independent wealth confuses them as much as it confuses YOU

Why would you be respected if you were in Ghana?

Sorry, I have had a few beers but am struggling to get wtf you are going on about!

I'm not confused by the way, simply agog....

A mad polymath

I'm afraid that a genuine mad polymath would never self-describe themselves as such. Sorry.

Have to say, I don't really know what you're going on about most of the time either. I can picture you as a certain kind of local politician though.

Reactions: CH1
no drop in slots or phone number??? :confused:
or please pop in on a Tuesday between 12-2 (do check no royalty or funding bodies are around first)

Oh, is that what that bit of paper is? It's so small I thought it was something to do with their 21 hour/7 days a week late late licence application.

Still, it's a start - and that's good - albeit a seriously half-arsed one that most people are unlikely to notice.

I find it weird how a company so savy when it comes to funding and promotion become so useless at the Angel. How hard would it be to make a readable A0 sized poster and actually include some information about what their "varied programme of events" are? I mean, who'd want to go out of their way to get 'involved' in something when they haven't the slightest idea what it is?

no drop in slots or phone number??? :confused:
or please pop in on a Tuesday between 12-2 (do check no royalty or funding bodies are around first)

It's terrible, isn't it? People doing stuff for free and then not having a phone number that people can ring them on at any time of day.

to please you? Essentially impossible.
So you think they couldn't have done a better job of telling the local community what they're about than that little bit of coloured paper in the window?

Don't ever get into promotion. You clearly haven't a clue.

I am going. Can't afford to waste £5 so going to trade a mime for entry. You need to speak these people's language to get what you want. Will write a full report for this thread.
Can you film it and communicate your thoughts through the medium of mime?

But how, Kanda? How do we know? It's not like yer man is constantly telling us that he used to be a local politician, is it, so how do we know?

Well, I don't scour every post but I think it's been mentioned enough times... How would I come to that conclusion otherwise? :confused:

My students, many of whom live in Peckham and come from deprived backgrounds, liked the little short on Peckham. They thought it was quite positive, which usually reporting on Peckham isn't. Although they snorted at the reporter saying it feels a world away from the rest of London as it's the epitome of much of London.

Nothing else to add, can't be arsed to read the thread properly, as earlier today.

Reactions: CH1
That barely-readable, hopelessly vague scrap of the paper in the window has already disappeared. It was gone by Saturday night.

Anyone would think that they're not actually even slightly interested in the local community getting involved at all at this rate!

:D

editor said:
That barely-readable, hopelessly vague scrap of the paper in the window has already disappeared. It was gone by Saturday night.

Anyone would think that they're not actually even slightly interested in the local community getting involved at all at this rate!

:D

You took it didn't you?

Ed wanted to make damned sure the local community wasn't getting involved.
I don't think they need my help on that score.

Despite trousering* obtaining over £130,000 in public cash for their various ventures, it seems that posting up a readable, informative poster remains beyond the grasp of the Brick Box.

I like to help though, so here's a handy guide for them: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Poster

(*edited for clarity)

Back
Top Bottom