Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And Then There Were None

neonwilderness

What would Badgers do?
Anyone else watching this BBC adaption of the Agatha Christie novel? Last night's episode was mainly setting the scene and introducing the characters, but was pretty enjoyable. The next two episodes look like they should be good.

I thought it was a little leisurely getting started and am a bit baffled at the warning that it contained scenes some people might find disturbing. Must refer to the second or third episodes I guess.

(I spent some time on line just now looking for an 'evaluation copy' of the 1945 version and the first episode of this new series seems to be all over the place. Shouldn't be hard to catch up with it).

I wish I could take Burn Gorman seriously but I really can't. Still, otherwise quite enjoyable, and am looking forward to this evening's installment.

I'm watching it. Sat down to watch last night but with a book handy in case it was dull, and while not gripped exactly found it pleasingly diverting. Tonight's is better yet. I like murder mysteries; I never guess what's going to happen

It has to be better than the farcical 1970s version starring Oliver Reed and Elke Sommer. Actually, it's brilliant but for all the wrong reasons. Not least Charles Aznavour :D

Watching this; really liking it. :cool:

Wasn't there a parody sort of thing made of this story? I think it had Tim Curry in it.

Aaargh you're killing me :eek::D
:D
629723_1.jpg

They're ratcheting up the paranoia quite nicely.

I'm pleased to say I can't remember whodunnit, which makes the whole experience decidedly better.

They're ratcheting up the paranoia quite nicely.

I'm pleased to say I can't remember whodunnit, which makes the whole experience decidedly better.
They seem to be starting to do a better job with the adaptations of late. There seems to be a bit more focus on the nastier side of the stories and a bit less cosiness. This one is a corker!

The dialogue is totally wrong for the 1930s. But then it is in Downton too and it doesn't stop my enjoyment. I can totally see how you could get into a sexual encounter if you were in a house, fearing for your life, even if it's not in the book.

NB I HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK SO NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Apparently, according to Wikipedia, it is the first English language film adaptation to feature the novel's original ending.
Oh very good! Or very bad given I will miss it. I look forward to a repeat some time in the future!

Back
Top Bottom