Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amir Khan and the conspiracy of the Peterson fight

Kidda

Z is for stripey oss
Anyone else seen Amir Khan's tweets of late?

He makes a good point about there being a unknown person sat on the judges row who can clearly be seen interfering with officials and score cards during the Khan vs Peterson fight.

Sorry to link to the Daily Fail but they've put the tweets and pics in one easy to see article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html

Watch the fight from round 6 and the guy becomes quite active.

I'm not to sure what to make of it as obviously there has been no word as to who the guy could be.

Whatever may or may not have been going on, I watched the fight, and Khan lost.

Instead of dicking about with this shit he should be pulling his finger out so that he can become the fighter he ought to be. He's potentially brilliant, but then so was Hamed.

ETA: Screw this bullshit, he should just take the rematch and win it like he should have done in the first place.

Edit: In response to Corax

Yeah but it does start to throw up interesting questions, which whilst still unanswered, make it rather unfair for Peterson.

Well it looks well dodgy, but there's not really much more that can be said until a) the IBF responds or b) someone IDs him from the pretty clear pics.

Sky reporting that he is an IBF official, but Khan's camp still not happy with him distracting the ref.

That's one person saying he was an IBF employee but not working (and he's the golden boy CEO so must carry some weight). IBF itself refusing to comment as they are hearing a Khan appeal at later date. But why would one part of GB suggest he's not IBF and another that he is?

There's no way that bloke should have been carrying on the way he did, distracting the judges and fiddling around with paper slips.

He wasn't a judge, he's an official who collects the individual cards at the end of each round and then collates them onto a master card.

Khan lost, simple as and should STFU and take it on the chin, or... if he hadn't of been making so much noise and complaining as much since the fight this might be taken a bit more seriously.

Just to add, he was sat with De La Hoya so, as is said in some quarters that he is an unknown entity is frankly ridiculous.

He wasn't a judge, he's an official who collects the individual cards at the end of each round and then collates them onto a master card.

Khan lost, simple as and should STFU and take it on the chin, or... if he hadn't of been making so much noise and complaining as much since the fight this might be taken a bit more seriously.
He lost, but that bloke wasn't doing that. No one has said he was doing that - if he was this would have been dealt with in 1 second.

Saw the footage on the news, dodgy as fuck if you ask me and Khan is right to challenge this result.

On a completely seperate note. Mayweather's 90 day sentence has been postponed until June (he was meant to surender today), he has the MGM Grand booked for May. Pray God him and Pacman get it on on May 5th :)

He was sat with Khan's promoter, do you really think something is afoot?
Why has no one said what he was doing then? All cleared up in one second. Why have the WBA said they have no idea who he was,why did the head of Golden boy suggest he saw him intimidating WBA officials. I'm not saying something dodgy was going on for sure, i'm saying it looks dodgy - and if he was collecting cards then surely this would never have got this far.

The IBF have stated that the master card hasn't been tampered with, De La Hoya checked George Hill's individual card (the one that created controversy due to a round being changed on the mastercard) and admitted no wrongdoing, judge Valerie Dorsett's card hasn't been called into question once.

He was sat with Khan's promoter, do you really think something is afoot?
Have you seen/heard any of the comments coming from Khans camp?
No one knows who the guy is.

What he was doing was wrong, regardless of the outcome to the fight.
It needs to be cleared up for Boxing's sake.

On a completely seperate note. Mayweather's 90 day sentence has been postponed until June (he was meant to surender today), he has the MGM Grand booked for May. Pray God him and Pacman get it on on May 5th :)

To be fair after what he has been found guilty of doing should he even be allowed to fight anymore?

I'd be gutted for Peterson if somehow Khans camp get a NC out of this. People shouldn't be talking to the judges, checking the cards e.t.c. like 'man in hat' was doing, even if he was an off duty official. Bookies wouldn't like it i'm sure. But whatever went on that night, it wasn't a robbery anywhere near like many other fights we see each year. Unless something is proven, a re-match with Peterson holding the belts, away from DC is the right progression imo.

Hat Man isn't knew to conspiracies btw
moonma.jpg

To be fair after what he has been found guilty of doing should he even be allowed to fight anymore?

professional boxer in 'less than well-rounded individual' shocker. Yes. taking his living off him would help both his temper and his kids.

professional boxer in 'less than well-rounded individual' shocker. Yes. taking his living off him would both his temper and his kids.
when a boxer cant control their aggression outside of the ring something needs to happen or innocent people (In this case his missus) get hurt.

He should have thought about his living before he assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

If i assaulted my other half id lose my job, why is he any different?

Never mind this whole Khan nonsense - when are we going to get to the bottom of the shady refereeing at the Reid/Ottke fight?

Amir Khan 'mystery man' is named as IBF official Mustafa Ameen

..but wasn't there as anything to do with the fight or in an IBF capacity. Anyway,what seems to be the upshot at this point is:

Schaefer also claimed that the WBA have offered Khan a rematch with the American, and urged the IBF to follow suit.

"We have been informed today by the WBA that they will order an immediate rematch," he said. "We received a verbal confirmation today and we will get a written confirmation by next Tuesday.

"That means that no fighter can take an interim fight, that the next fight for Peterson would be a rematch.

"We hope that the IBF will follow because that's the least they can do. The ruling of the WBA to order an immediate rematch should put additional pressures on the IBF."

He is also hopeful that the outcome of the fight will be changed to "no contest", allowing Khan to retain his belts, but said: "It's difficult to guess the no-contest ruling. I certainly hope this could happen."

Peterson said he was up for a rematch. I look forward to it. Still disapointing to see Khan moan like a wee child.

The decision on whether it's declared an NC or not will dictate who I'm cheering on in the rematch. Generally, I want Khan to do well because he's a great talent, so I'd want him to get a convincing win in the rematch. But if Peterson has those belts taken away from him, I think I'd find myself willing him on out of a sense of justice.

As a big Khan fan i have to say he looked as if he was looking past this fight.That said i was surprised when he lost a point for pushing Peterson back when he was clearly looking to get his head on Khans chest,we all know that this can be the forerunner to using the head.As for the judge,he was clearly not watching the bout for long periods.There should be a re-match but no N/C as this was not Petersons fault.

Back
Top Bottom