Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All five series of Life On Mars & Ashes To Ashes have been uploaded to BBC iPlayer.

03gills

Professional Cockwomble
Had a real fondness for this show at the time, A2A was a excellent follow up & Keeley was great, aside from the batshit 3rd series & finale, where the writers overindulged the paranormal/otherworldly aspect of the show to its detriment. The brilliance of LOM (& it's finale) was it's perfect balance of ambiguity & finality. It gave closure but had just enough questions unanswered to leave it open to interpretation.

The writers may have always intended for the shows universe & setting to end up being what it was, & for the show to end the way it did, fully explaining the world & mystery (leaving virtually nothing to the imagination) but that doesn't mean it was ever a good idea. Trying to explainin the mechanics of 'Gene's world' (god, even giving it a name feels contrived) is like trying to explain the mechanics of Neverland. We don't need to know why it is, it just is.

''My name is Sam tyler, i had an accident & woke up in 1973, am i mad, in a coma, or back in time? Actually i'm in a coma, but that coma has sent me to purgatory, but a very specific purgatory just for dead coppers, but because i'm not fully dead i'm only half here. There are also other dead coppers here, but because they're fully dead they can't remember, & although it looks like 1973 it isn't really 1973, &...''

*has seizure*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom