Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

Don’t know. I mean, my feeling is still that this is the Change UK Mark II, that it won’t poll enough in all regions to hit the threshold, that Salmond himself may get through if he’s top of Alba’s NE list, but that the quality of people being attracted as candidates will overall be off putting.

That said, I’m not in the market for a sexpest party who welcome “accidental” antisemites. So who really knows.
The discussion has rightly been about whether Alba will get anywhere on the lists. But looked at the other way round, the list is the only way Gropius Maximus has a chance of a seat, given his personal unpopularity. One argument against PR has always been 'it allows extremists in'. I've always thought that was bollocks - depending on the thresholds, by and large, it just better represents the actual vote. But here's a case where it might allow is someone who is actively unpopular.

I'm not arguing against PR, I'm in favour of it. It's more a case of noting how far Salmond has fallen. Almost as if he's a bullying sex pest.

I didn't see it, but apparently the launch press conference was a shambles as well.
Yeah, but in a glitchy zoom meeting kind of way. (It was periscope but still). I think we’re all used to that now.

Though it was funny to see Stuart Campbell’s face obliterated by an error message.

Truly it is the All Lassies Back Away party.

:D:D:D

Poor Solidarity, now the Conducator and his missus have jumped ship to Alba. A winding-up announcement can't be far away.

What price the shouty, permatanned pest at the top of the Glasgow list? He may even be able to shift more of his appalling Hope Over Fear merchandise through the Sleepy Cuddles Party website.

With AFI "standing down" will be interesting to see what the ISP and its seven members do in the days ahead. Kinda.

I can see a scenario where Salmond gets in on the NE list, I'm afraid. The Sleepy Cuddles Party has no chance elsewhere.It's just too late.

Loons both sides.

Certainly going to be more interest in the nutter stakes than around here.

EDIT: Someone should put a proposal of a new CBB special to Galloway and Salmond (and Sheridan), their ego's would love it. Winner gets a seat in the Scottish Parliament - or at least that's what could be offered to get them all out of way

Last edited:
Loons both sides.

Certainly going to be more interest in the nutter stakes than around here.

EDIT: Someone should put a proposal of a new CBB special to Galloway and Salmond (and Sheridan), their ego's would love it. Winner gets a seat in the Scottish Parliament - or at least that's what could be offered to get them all out of way

as long as the nature of the "seat" wasn't specified, meaning they could be locked in the remotest public toilet in the building, for the duration of the next parliament. Or they could not take up that seat, after immediately applying for "Steward of the Cludgie Hundreds".

Back
Top Bottom