Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations: 2024 Edition

I listened to it as I was pottering around this morning, it's very very good.

Glad you enjoyed it. I’ve been holding off listening to it until the new version with the extras. But, ‘Here it Comes’ and ‘Freeze Out’ are, for me, just perfect songs.

A bit like The Chameleons (who we’ve discussed before) East Village seem to me to be forerunners and influencers of a particular genre who’ve been completely undervalued and overlooked in the retrospective narrative in favour of often inferior bands

The one track up from the new Donato Dizzy album is sounding lush. If the rest of the album, out on the 19th, stands up it will be a treat....

This is out today and is really great. I'm not feeling well today and it's soothing me up nicely - drones, emotive synth melodies and softly pulsing kick-drums - right up my alley :cool:

Came across this on Bandcamp and it's really great - I'm on my 3rd day in bed with the dratted Covid and I've had this on repeat while I lie about reading.

It's really lovely. Nice droney synths, a few bits of organ, ambling guitar, shuffling drums - very very nice :cool:

Do you like American Football? The band rather than the sport? If you do then listen to this. Melancholic emo/indie rock. Ok - it's not super original but it's done so nicely... I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. There's a touch of Songs:Ohio to it at times maybe, though also some shouty pay-offs... all in all it's rather lovely....

CHEMTRAILS new record "the joy of sects" is out in 3 days.... catchy queer pop punk, probably a bit more pop than I would usually go for but they are v good live

Ooh, been meaning to listen to that, and it is actually out now, cheers for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom