Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alan Partridge: The Movie

We have a caller on the line who fears he may be a gay, he's married so we'll only refer to him by his christian name. This is Domingo from little Oakley.

I've been working like a Japanese prisoner of war. But a happy one

Oooh scary Irish men. Would you like to recruit me? I like your berets. They're worn by Saddam Hussain, Frank Spencer, the French

Have any of you seen the film The Crying Game? With the woman with the old tadger. I suppose the sequel will have a man with, a fanny.

"In 1983 I developed a robust disklike for the gay community, but all that changed when I met Dale Winton. I realised I had nothing to worry about. The man was a perfect gentleman. But if you told me 25 years ago that I would be talking about rigid inflatable holes with Dale Winton I would probably have spat at you"

Rigid inflatable hulls! Stop getting Partridge wrong!!

Hmm, he looks far more like Steve Coogan than Partridge in that trailer. I can only reassure myself with the thought that Patridge has never been bad before at any point ever (apart from the stage tour in the late 2000's, 2009 perhaps?), so this one can't be bad either.

Although come to think of it, perhaps statistically speaking, a shit one had to come along sooner or later.

Does anyone know if you have to have seen his more recent Sky show to get the film narrative? I've seen nothing of him since the second series of IAP.

I doubt it stavros, the recent things shown on sky and his audio book didn't really teach us any game changers about the great man, just added some old and knew scenarios of Alan being Alan.

admittedly watched it at 5 this morning but i laughed a few times - looks good to me - but im used to disappointment ;)

Leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmacced drives – in this country, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks, and Beamish.

There's a touch of the Tony Blair's I hadn't noticed before - in the bit where Chief O'Brien calls him his 'partner in crime' and the 'come on now, we're better than that' :eek:

Unless the reviews indicate its absolute gak I'll be going along to see this - seems to have been fuck all out in the way of decent films for ages.

Written by Steve Coogan and Armando Iannucci, should be good. First heard rumours of this about 10 years ago but now it is actually being made.

It could be great.

ay_104740681-e1361891707851.jpg

if this doesnt get an oscar nomination for Best Costume Design theres no justice in the world

I watched the trailer and felt that Steve Coogan has spent too much time in Hollywood. Alan seems too confident, not tragic enough. We'll see.

I watched the trailer and felt that Steve Coogan has spent too much time in Hollywood. Alan seems too confident, not tragic enough. We'll see.

I know what you mean, but I suspect it's all part of the same narrative where he's now bounced back. Needless to say, he's having the last laugh.

would that not display verisimilitude though? Alans been around for a while now. A legend in the d list tv people circuit. Like noel edmunds.

Back
Top Bottom