Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alan Partridge: The Movie

Your hand is about 30 mil from my gland and if I was dressed on the other side it would be in contact, your little finger just touched it.

The thing that get me is that even though the character's been around for 20 odd years now, the whole thing fits together so perfectly, as if he'd planned his rise and fall right from the start.

The later Partridge is essential watching when I'm feeling blue, but his sports commentary on The Day Today has to be one of my favourites too. Immensely well observed pastiche of a former local journalist completely out of his depth.

"Alan, either you've just lost a fight with a fire engine, or it's raining it's arse off out there"

Who were those prostitutes? They were very nice.

Eh? What? You can't say that, they're guests! You can't say that!

But they look like prostitutes!

Well yes, but you can't say that.

"This does contain some flashing images, so if they're any epileptics here, please leave now. Because statistically one of you is,.... and three of you are gay. And if you are, make sure you rubber up, because at your age it's still illegal and you don't want to go to prison. Some of the guys in there don't care how old you are,.... or if you're gay."

:D

SMELL MY CHEESE YOU MOTHER!!

Alan: A Partridge Amongst The Pigeons?
Tony: What's that?
Alan: Well, it's just a title, I mean...erm, well, no, erm, opening sequence, me, in Trafalger Square, feeding the pigeons going, "Oh God!"
Tony: No, I'm sorry, no! Stop!

I once ran over a fox once, the thing was it wasn't quite dead so i had to go back and finish it off with the jack, the time is 8:52.....

Susan: "Alan, did you send Sophie and Valentine's card?"
Alan: "Me? God no - I'm old enough to be her father. Or her older brother at least. Either way it's incest."

"You might find some superficial to the box, but the chocolate is perfectly edible. I give them [Tery's Chocolate Orange for Valentine's Day] to all ladies I know aged fifty and under. Over fifty just seems sarcastic."

:D

"In 1983 I developed a robust disklike for the gay community, but all that changed when I met Dale Winton. I realised I had nothing to worry about. The man was a perfect gentleman. But if you told me 25 years ago that I would be talking about rigid inflatable holes with Dale Winton I would probably have spat at you"

me and wife often name "partridigisms", even if he has never said them. like "hot" for some reason is a more of a patridgisim than "cold".

or like "thick jumper" is more than "clean shoes". just something in the sound of it. any other partridigisms that alan hasn't actually said?

Alan: "I loved that phrase you used, 'Revoultion, not evolution'."
Hayers: "No, it was 'Evolution, not revolution'."
Alan: "Well that's me, because I evolve, I don't revolve."

Back
Top Bottom