Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Affect theory, embodiment, biopolitics and their relation to Marxist or anarchist theory

Does anyone in these forums cover these subject areas much? I would put phenomenology in the post title there too but it is already too long.

So (am happy to explain anything but will assume, given this forum's title these terms might be known).

Do people think these perspectives add to Marxist theory? Or for that matter anarchist. Or even detract.
Are they a way out of the problem postmodernism caused that led people to deny any grand historical narrative.

Are the a way of looking at, if we take into account, the fallible limits of our cognition, rather than the earlier enlightenment critical thinking subject, why even if we do accept some dialectical historical motion, whole populations, with changes in technology, still get easily 'nudged'.

Where, the body, not just labour (I am referring to Hannah Arendt's comment in the Human Condition (biopolitics before Foucault) about Marx's theory of labour-time, whilst a positive advance with regards liberal economics, may have paved the way for 'processes'),in its relation to the means of production, sets a limit to what we can achieve, in a time of (rather than progress) increasing complexity, given evolution is a slower pace (much slower) than our technical agency in the world (also relates to climate change), or is this still 'dialectics'? But given that, if we light-heartedly joke that at the end of the day economics is just the organisation of scarce resources by the temple (with Hegel's state being a later version of the 'temple'), then what of future forms of organisation that are NOT some totalising idea of power and lack of personal agency and power?

(Hope I am not assuming too much either way about knowledge here. Like Gil Scott Heron, I'm New Here)

Lol, as it happens my young daughter has a genetic condition, and had a peg-feed (tube straight into stomach for food) and a tracheosotomy, does that count as part-cyborg? (by the way, she's my daughter, I love her very much, so only I am allowed to make these jokes - given I have made said jokes with her :) )

We have also listened to Skull Defects together. Great band

Back
Top Bottom