Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Advice please (NVVP2 security clearance)

:mad:

i'm not sure i can offer much thought here. the balls up is clearly on employer's side here and it risks you ending up with an embarrassing departure on your cv

legally, as others have said, you have little employment protection with less than 2 years service, but if an employer took me on, then said after 9 months that i needed a certain qualification to do the job, i'd be a bit pissed off

gut feeling is the best outcome is going to be redundancy as a result of your office closing. you don't get redundancy pay with less than 2 years' service either, but that's probably the best line to have for future job hunting.

but no harm in talking to acas (or seeing if you have any sort of access to legal advice through insurance policy, professional body or something.

and :eek: at being 'esteemed'

Isn’t vetting done by the police? (Which I guess is the govt)

My knowledge on vetting is only third hand having partnered with the nuclear industry who are quite keen on vetting. I get a minor level of vetting for my own job - DBS / credit check etc but nothing too major

My gut feeling is that while your boss say he doesn’t care, the clients will and that’ll be the bottom line. Boss goodwill can only go so far. That vetting wasn’t a requirement wasn’t advertised initially is in your favour, but it would be wise to start prepping your cv and getting some feelers out just in case.

I think it really depends on the bottom line if the function that @ruffneck is part of is suddenly unavailable. If it's bringing in a shed load of cash I can see the boss arguing that a security clearance is irrelevant, and depending on the industry this may be acceptable.

I did some bits and pieces on contracts relating to nuclear plants in a former role and certainly didn't have a security clearance. People actually going to the plants had to have one though. It's very context dependent.

I'm not asking ruffneck23 to share details of his work by any means.

Did you fail to declare the CCj's and the criminal record driving offence? You won't win the appeal if so. Sit tight, see what happens.

Did you fail to declare the CCj's and the criminal record driving offence? You won't win the appeal if so. Sit tight, see what happens.
I declared everything, going back decades, I also had to tell them when I had a bit of a nervous breakdown in 2003. They didn't seem interested in that.
I found the whole process really quite stressful and intrusive and it all seems for nothing.

What is quite annoying, is the part of the job I need clearance for is at max 10% of my job and we haven't an issue with the UK cloud since I started and never actually needed to access anything on the UK cloud.

Back
Top Bottom