Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Abusive phone message...what would you do?

Aladdin

So..I got a call..couldnt answer it because I was busy.
Lookee at my phone later to see missed call from a mobile number I didnt recognise and a voicemail from the same number.
Checked the voicemail and there was silence...then tapping...then "FUCKING WANKER!!"

So my question is..should I phone this number back? Or just delete it and forget about it.

Also...is this a scam to get people to phone back?

I am aware it could be a wrong number..... 😁

Just block and ignore as said above unless it becomes a regular thing in which case report to the old bill.
Agree with this, but not sure what happens if you block a number and they call again.

Will you know they have tried to call if you have blocked them?

Agree with this, but not sure what happens if you block a number and they call again.

Only if they leave a voicemail, which unbelievably is still possible when you've blocked them. I only know this because my stalky ex does it occasionally and he is absolutely blocked to fuck in every way. Edit to add you don't hear the phone ringing and you don't get a missed call in your recent calls log, you just suddenly get a voicemail notification out of the blue.

inclined to agree with bin / block.

may be worth a web search for the number - in the UK there's a couple of sites you can search for phone numbers and log comments (anonymously) if it's sales / scam calls.

as a one-off, i'd be inclined to assume it was most likely a wrong number, then next most likely is someone being a twat at random, least likely is it was actually aimed at you.

and definitely don't ring back. (I think there is - or was - a form of phone number in the UK that looked like a mobile number, but was premium rate. not sure if there may be something similar where you are.)

Not as far as i know but blocking doesn't work if they keep changing numbers. Hopefully this is a one off incident and that won't happen in this case but if it does then needs reporting to the old bill.

07 number?

What prefix?

Probably just a cold caller who has reached the end of his soulless call centre tether.
Ignore.

If 07 though… write their number on a toilet wall of a well known cruising location.
086 number.. mobile number. Irish.

086 number.. mobile number. Irish.
Doesn't make any difference, plenty of scam sites spoof a local number, I've had loads of phone calls from Indian callcentres (scam and spam) from all sorts of random UK numbers. I'm sure the same applies to Ireland.
I'm with the general opinion on here that this is a) wrong number or b) some tosspot who has nothing to do with their sad life than ring up random strangers and be a dick.
Block it and forget about it.

much more of a passive aggressive approach to this is seeming as they did not have the common sense to hide their number before sending abusive messages

would it not be horrible if someone took that number , when to google and typed in "request a call back" and filled in every bloody result that popped up
focusing on personally injury claims , all the diesel admission, herbalife and maybe a few evangelistic christian services :D

much more of a passive aggressive approach to this is seeming as they did not have the common sense to hide their number before sending abusive messages

would it not be horrible if someone took that number , when to google and typed in "request a call back" and filled in every bloody result that popped up
focusing on personally injury claims , all the diesel admission, herbalife and maybe a few evangelistic christian services :D
That...would be genius. 😁

Back
Top Bottom