Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A personal wizard to create equality in a capitalist democracy

SpineyNorman

Inappropriate content removed
The number of personal wizards you get = the richest person in your country's personal wealth / your own personal wealth (rounded up or down – you can’t get a fraction of a wizard, that would be fucking stupid - but the more wizards you have the more wealth they can magic into being for you).

Do you think a system based on the above equation would tend towards equality?

What's the path into wizardry?

We are discussing a theoretical situation here.

I proposed a theoretical wizard system and asked what its outcome would be. It is reasonable to answer the question assuming that the system has a chance to operate as intended.

You may well believe it is impossible due to your own scientific beliefs, just as others may believe that communism, anarchism or other political 'utopias' are impossible, but its hard to prove either way and it doesn't stop people discussing it.

I think that if a wizard system like the one described existed then it would tend towards equality.

We are discussing a theoretical situation here.

I proposed a theoretical political system and asked what its outcome would be. It is reasonable to answer the question assuming that the system has a chance to operate as intended.

You may well believe it is impossible due to your own scientific beliefs, just as others may believe that communism, anarchism or other political 'utopias' are impossible, but its hard to prove either way and it doesn't stop people discussing it.

I think that if a wizard system like the one described existed then it would tend towards equality.
Why should i reply to that reply - and why on this thread? FFS.

Why should i reply to that reply - and why on this thread? FFS.

I understand that you are objecting that it could never happen in the real world 'because physics' (<<-- note inverted commas not quotations marks), and if they don't want to discuss this because it is "silly" (<<--note quotation marks) then fine, stop discussing it.

SpineyNorman are you on medication at the moment? It might just be worth checking with a health professional. You may not realise it but you are posting gibberish.

SpineyNorman are you on medication at the moment? It might just be worth checking with a health professional. You may not realise it but you are posting gibberish.

Sorry you've lost me there.

Got anything relevant to the thread topic to say? Or are you just looking for a fight? Sorry not interested.

If you had no wealth this would result in x divided by zero. This plan is clearly unworkable.

Infinite wizards. Of course that's possible - they're magical beings ffs

Infinite wizards. Of course that's possible - they're magical beings ffs

'Infinite wizard' is basically a description of Jesus.

(rounded up or down – you can’t get a fraction of a wizard, that would be fucking stupid - but the more wizards you have the more wealth they can magic into being for you).

If those fractions were harvested in the computer and given to Richard Pryor, he would be wealthy. So thats one for a start, at least until the powers that be found out and forced him into dubious shenanigans that earned the wrath of Superman.

200.gif

The trouble with wizards is that there isn't a standard unit of wizardry. How do you address the imbalance of power between say, Wizadora and Clippy?

The trouble with wizards is that there isn't a standard unit of wizardry. How do you address the imbalance of power between say, Wizadora and Clippy?
Simple - they average out to produce an average social rate of wizardry. Go above it, people going to be after your spells. Fall below it, you're out the game.

Simple - they average out to produce an average social rate of wizardry. Go above it, people going to be after your spells. Fall below it, you're out the game.
Maybe at a high enough level, but if we're talking personal wizards, there's inevitably a rich/poor gap between the haves-a-dim-witted-scarecrow-companion and the have-a-dim-witted-scarecrow-companion-nots.

I think that punitive taxes should kick in as soon as you have a cryptic talking male fish.

I checked and you've already been allocated Zordon.

zordon-mmpr.jpg

It's like Gordon, but with a Z. That's what they did there.

Les%20Pe15.jpg

* Any resemblance to a turd is purely coincidental. The value of your investments may go down as well as up. TurdyWizCo is a financial spectral entity regulated by the ideology of the golden trough. The invisible hand of the marketplace may demand you scratch its Quango, but don't expect a reach-around in return.

The number of personal wizards you get = the richest person in your country's personal wealth / your own personal wealth (rounded up or down – you can’t get a fraction of a wizard, that would be fucking stupid - but the more wizards you have the more wealth they can magic into being for you).

Do you think a system based on the above equation would tend towards equality?

I am intrigued by your ideas and interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

Back
Top Bottom