Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

2011 Riots due a remix

eatmorecheese

He's fallen out of the car again

Oh, I'm utterly surprised.

Still seeing it. London to Merseyside. When it does kick off, I'm sure the usual suspects will be condemning the 'mindless' violence while ignoring its origins. Maybe followed by Bojo's fluorescent jacketed chain gangs, thereby stripping dignity and keeping society nicely divided.

There's 'Children'. And there's 'Youth'. Both words invoke different images and attitudes. This weird duality of 'angels and demons' that infects our society when we think about growing, learning human beings at different stages of development in the first two decades of life.

I stand with the often neglected and misunderstood youth, who have been let down so badly by politicians of all colours.

If our youth rose up against us on the basis of the last 18 months, let alone the last 10 years (and more), I would regard it as a perfectly natural phenomenon arising from the environment they have had to endure.

We shit on our kids, then expect them to be loyal stakeholders, and obedient servants.

If it does happen again I wonder if those out will think about disabling CCTV cameras to prevent a shedload of convictions. The more imaginative might independently consider using paintball guns on the lenses as happened on an estate in Islington 12 or 15 years ago. Body-worn cameras a new thing since 2011, and I wonder how many people know they can record audio as well as video

i'm just wondering how the riots would get blamed on Remainers

as the Working class are so happy and contented with the results of brexit and covid

as the Working class are so happy and contented with the results of brexit and covid

Well, that's the bickering cul-de-sac certain politicians and journalists on both sides are quite happy to perpetuate. Picking lice of each other's fur while the rest of us rot. Enough.

Sorry had a tablet meltdown and replied to wrong thread.

Chuka who at the time was MP for Streatham. And regarded himself as MP for Brixton saw 2011 as not justified. But 81 as having justification.

Its that time changes how its viewed.

This is the most annoying thing I heard about 2011. Somehow it was portrayed not acceptable.

Have been finding myself thinking a bit about how the August 2011 riots were preceded by Bristol kicking off in the spring. (Suppose you could make a similar argument for St Pauls 1980 ->1981, although the temporal gap's a bit bigger there). Obviously, history doesn't repeat itself exactly, and yet...
Three in one year we had, plus all the Informal shenanigans leading up to the STILL UNSOLVED ( :thumbs: ) arson that took out the expensive tri-force PFI police gun centre, and the Thatcher Death Revels over the next couple of years

If our youth rose up against us on the basis of the last 18 months, let alone the last 10 years (and more), I would regard it as a perfectly natural phenomenon arising from the environment they have had to endure.

We shit on our kids, then expect them to be loyal stakeholders, and obedient servants.
That reads as age being the great divider. Of course things are hard for the youth generally but you can't ignore class being the major issue here.

Nobody young is working class, all uni going liberal lefty elites.

Back
Top Bottom