Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

20 hour room temperature Lasagne - Eat or bin?

keybored

Well done. You remember cat good.
A Lasagne was made last night (contains some beef) but we ate less than half of it. I put the remainder back in the oven (switched off), intending to put it in the fridge before bedtime. Obviously this didn't happen.

It's been in the oven, uncovered in a Pyrex dish for over 20 hours now at around 25°c. It was quite nice and I hate waste on the one hand, on the other hand I'd prefer not to die.

What would Urban do?

My perpetual stew is vegan, but I leave it in the pressure cooker and reheat it after 24 hours - I used to do a fresh batch midweek, but I go the whole 7 days now.

Warm it up so it’s properly hot all the way through and then eat it with confidence. It was cooked, after all. Not like leaving raw meat out at room temperature. No reason to bin it.

Warm it up so it’s properly hot all the way through and then eat it with confidence. It was cooked, after all. Not like leaving raw meat out at room temperature. No reason to bin it.
there is every reason to bin it. you are giving dangerous advice

How are you not dead?
Perhaps I'm immune.
For years i used to leave stirfry in the wok and reheat it the next day - rice and all.
I had food poisoning once and I think it was from chewing on unwashed Hunza apricots - only lasted a few hours ...

My perpetual stew is vegan, but I leave it in the pressure cooker and reheat it after 24 hours - I used to do a fresh batch midweek, but I go the whole 7 days now.
Tell me you don't make it, leave it out and then reheat the entire lot repeatedly over seven days?

Back
Top Bottom