Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Zelda. Tears of the kingdom

Keep forgetting which way round the fans go. :mad:
Logo towards you!

That said I don’t really understand all the energy packs and stuff. I’ve just caught a horse and am riding around doing shrines and going to stables. I have no money though. Finding it hard to get any

Logo towards you!

That said I don’t really understand all the energy packs and stuff. I’ve just caught a horse and am riding around doing shrines and going to stables. I have no money though. Finding it hard to get any
Selling stuff is the only real way to make money.

I find the UI bafflingly bad at times, just as I did in BOTW. Why can't I fuse things from the inventory screen? Why is the arrow fusing item list a list instead of a grid? The digit-yoga required for archery is terrible btw. Why do you have to go through a million button presses to cook every meal, when you could just have a "cook n steamed fruits" button on the recipe card? Why does the skill select wheel not accept input from the other joystick?

All whinging aside, it's still tremendous fun. I saw one of the dragons descending to an underworld hole in the middle distance. I galloped my way over then caught it up by skydiving down the hole. I ended up riding on the back of the dragon over the depths, harvested som eof its scales to make electric weapons, dropped off, made a car to go driving over the red gloom stuff, crashed into an enemy camp, zapped them with my electric spear etc. etc. etc. Everything just flows from one adventure to the next. Even the shrines are fun now, as you can jank together your own solution instead of the obvious prescribed one.

And of course you can play it on the bus for 20m which is great. I played BOTW on an emulator on my PC, which was neat, but nowhere near as convenient.

I’m very much enjoying the bash rocks with a boulder stuck on the end of a sword thing. And smacking bokoblins in the face with it.

The foal still doesn’t know it’s in the house :oops:
I attacked a bokoblin camp, they launched a huge spikey metal ball at me, so I fused it to a large stick I just happened to be carrying, and bashed all of them in the noggin with it. That was pretty cool.

I sent it back in time right in their faces :D
and in a way, that's one of the greatest things about the game, the range of responses to any given thing.

still, hope you fused it with a weapon afterwards as it added +20 damage (might have been +22)

I'm playing this on my pc via an emulator. I have never had a Switch so I can't really say but I think a part of the greatness of this game lies in the console. Or I just don't really gel with it.

I'm playing this on my pc via an emulator. I have never had a Switch so I can't really say but I think a part of the greatness of this game lies in the console. Or I just don't really gel with it.
I'm too old to get my head round working out how to do this, although have been tempted to try as I find my eyesight is proving problematic on the Switch. But there's definitely joy in just lazing about on the sofa of an evening picking mushrooms, and investigating suspicious looking rocks, which is why I got the console in the first place. I don't enjoy PC gaming half as much now I WFH 80% of the time.

Reactions: bmd
I'm too old to get my head round working out how to do this, although have been tempted to try as I find my eyesight is proving problematic on the Switch. But there's definitely joy in just lazing about on the sofa of an evening picking mushrooms, and investigating suspicious looking rocks, which is why I got the console in the first place. I don't enjoy PC gaming half as much now I WFH 80% of the time.

Yeah I kind of do this with an HDMI cable and an Xbox controller but it's a fuck on at best. There's also game streaming via Geforce Experience but that didn't really work for me. Plus it's pc games only.

I'm midly tempted to do this, although my PC is 6700k with a GTX 970, i.e old, and I'd have to restart the game from the beginning.

Did my first boss fight. Easier than BOTW I’d say although getting to the temple was challenging.

The whole underworld/gloom thing freaks me out so I’m avoiding it :oops:

Did my first boss fight. Easier than BOTW I’d say although getting to the temple was challenging.

The whole underworld/gloom thing freaks me out so I’m avoiding it :oops:
It’s horrible isn’t it! I found a secret bit in a cave that might have been a boss fight but I couldn’t fight the gloom.

We’re currently on some sky islands above Hebra and doing a fun boss fight. There’s trampolines up here!

It’s horrible isn’t it! I found a secret but in a cave but I couldn’t fight the gloom.

We’re currently on some sky islands above Hebra and doing a fun boss fight. There’s trampolines up here!
That’s the one I did! I have a really terrible sense of direction in games so kept getting lost and going the wrong way :rolleyes:

That’s the one I did! I have a really terrible sense of direction in games so kept getting lost and going the wrong way :rolleyes:
It’s so cool though! I’m not as far ahead as some for building but I did make a car yesterday and did a shrine where I had to use rockets and stuff.

Bit off topic. I usually PC game but I’m thinking about buying the OLED Switch. Is it any good?

Bit off topic. I usually PC game but I’m thinking about buying the OLED Switch. Is it any good?
It’s like the original switch with a slightly bigger OLED screen, better kickstand, and double the internal storage (you can still increase the storage), Nintendo aren’t going to release the replacement for the Switch for another 5 years, so yes. I was a PC gamer, but I love the Switch.

That's the one we have. It's a nice bit of hardware. Solidly built and a great screen.

The default controller (the split in half Joy Cons) are a bit rubbish though. The sticks can "drift" over time (they lose their centering so you'd get a slow camera move at all times unless you held it slightly in one direction). Hasn't happened to mine yet, but the "click-in" button on one of them has gone all mushy and you have to push down hard. Only had it since christmas. Will probably bite the bullet and a get a standalone controller soon. Not the official one though cos they want sixty quid for it!

That's the one we have. It's a nice bit of hardware. Solidly built and a great screen.

The default controller (the split in half Joy Cons) are a bit rubbish though. The sticks can "drift" over time (they lose their centering so you'd get a slow camera move at all times unless you held it slightly in one direction). Hasn't happened to mine yet, but the "click-in" button on one of them has gone all mushy and you have to push down hard. Only had it since christmas. Will probably bite the bullet and a get a standalone controller soon. Not the official one though cos they want sixty quid for it!
You can fix drift but yeah, it's a pain.

Nintendo will fix drift for free. I've got two pairs of joycons and the pair we got with the switch have been back for repair.

Now that the official Nintendo dock has been discontinued can anyone recommend a good 3rd party dock that connects the Switch to the TV without blowing up the motherboard and necessitating an expensive repair 😟

Now that the official Nintendo dock has been discontinued can anyone recommend a good 3rd party dock that connects the Switch to the TV without blowing up the motherboard and necessitating an expensive repair 😟
Not sure it is a recommendation per se, but I bought this in Nov 21 (after my dock died) and it seems to work more often than not

Please tell more about the official dock being discontinued. If this is the case what is the officially sanctioned method of connecting to the TV ?

The trampolines up to the Wind Temple felt like a Mario platformer.

Got attacked by a bokoblin with a beehive club. Which was a cool fuse thing. But sadly not very good at despatching monsters,

I accidentally a flux construct and then it decided that I wasn't able to fuse the core with any of my weapons because they'd been fused before. Which they hadn't.

I dunno, I mean this is good but I'm not quite feeling the "must play this until my eyeballs melt" thing that I had with BotW.

Been doing a bit of research and now I’m torn between the Steam Deck and the OLED Switch. Decisions, decisions…

Back
Top Bottom