Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

It doesn't keep a list of recipes but if you select a meal in your inventory then it will show you the recipe so you can replicate it.

But if you eat it then it won't tell you anywhere.

Which is a bit weird. I suppose there are so many combinations that the list would be too big.
You can take a screen shot of good recipes so that you can replicate them. Most important thing is not to mix effects so if you mix a defensive ingredient with one that increases your stamina, they'll cancel one another out (same applies when you eat things too)

Really wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. So tempted............

Out of courisity, if anyone is playing in on Switch, what is the handheld bit like, and is this game enjoyable playing it like that, or do you really need to have it on widescreen TV to enjoy it.

Really wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. So tempted............

Out of courisity, if anyone is playing in on Switch, what is the handheld bit like, and is this game enjoyable playing it like that, or do you really need to have it on widescreen TV to enjoy it.
I'm only playing it hand held so far and have no issue with it at all. It looks great.

Had a new thing last night. There were two enemies I had to get past, 1 big 1 small. I thought fuck it, I'm just going to charge in swinging. So off I trot straight towards them. And the moment they spot me, the big one picks up the small one and throws it at me! Really put me of my game. :mad:

Had a new thing last night. There were two enemies I had to get past, 1 big 1 small. I thought fuck it, I'm just going to charge in swinging. So off I trot straight towards them. And the moment they spot me, the big one picks up the small one and throws it at me! Really put me of my game. :mad:
Ha yes Moblins throw Bokoblins sometimes [emoji16]

Well done to your 7 year old tommers. My 10 year old finished the whole game last weekend. He's now getting all the armour sets and has one memory still to get. He was very upset that you can't play the world post Ganon so you might warn to warn yours about that.

I'm doing side quests - desert divine beast and ganon still to do.

Ha yes Moblins throw Bokoblins sometimes [emoji16]

Well done to your 7 year old tommers. My 10 year old finished the whole game last weekend. He's now getting all the armour sets and has one memory still to get. He was very upset that you can't play the world post Ganon so you might warn to warn yours about that.

I'm doing side quests - desert divine beast and ganon still to do.
I don't think ill ever complete it. Im not really any good at it. My combat strategy usually ends up as running around like a headless chicken while frantically hiting Y. :D

I don't think ill ever complete it. Im not really any good at it. My combat strategy usually ends up as running around like a headless chicken while frantically hiting Y. :D
I'm hopeless at combat too but if you make enough extra heart/added defence/attack food, you can get there in the end :thumbs:

I'm hopeless at combat too but if you make enough extra heart/added defence/attack food, you can get there in the end :thumbs:
The thing I really like about cooking in this game, is that you cannot fail at it. Some combinations may be better, but pretty much anything works.

Speaking of good combos

1 Hylian Shroom + 1 hearty radish + 1 bird egg = full health recovery + 3 bonus hearts.

Must remember that one for when I have a lor more hearts

Why do my weapons keep shattering?
It's by design. Forces you to keep juggling your good and throwaway weapons. Reduces the overpowering effect of finding a special weapon. The better weapons later in the game last longer.

Why do my weapons keep shattering?
Once they get worn (they turn red), chuck them at enemies for lots of damage. If you buy the house in Hateno, you can store weapons and/or talk to the Korok guy with the maracas on the road to Kakariko and you can buy extra weapon slots with Korok seeds

Really want to play this, but can't justify another console when I've only played two games on the PS4 in the 20 odd month's I've had it.

Hoping next year there are some better second hand deals, but self disapline is rarely strong point.

Bit late to the party bit managed to get a switch and Zelda on Monday , really enjoying it although not sure what I'm doing just yet , currently wandering around looking for a memory.location but getting distracted along the way. I just took it on a 2.5 hour train journey , time flew.

I finally finished it this week (it was so good that I was savouring it for the last 12 months). I may go back to collect the few remaining memories so as to see the alternative ending, but otherwise I've pretty well rinsed it.

Is it worth getting the additional content - or do I just have to wait for the new Zelda in 2021?

I finally finished it this week (it was so good that I was savouring it for the last 12 months). I may go back to collect the few remaining memories so as to see the alternative ending, but otherwise I've pretty well rinsed it.

Is it worth getting the additional content - or do I just have to wait for the new Zelda in 2021?
The DLC is decent but tbh I haven't really played it much after I finished - the main story is so huge that it kind of wore me out.

it kind of wore me out.

I'm only one beast down and I've had it for 2 years. It wears me out playing it! There is so much to explore that I decide to go and do something but just get distracted and then realise I've spent the last two hours making recipes or trying to kill a lynel. I just haven't got the time to put the hours in!

I'm only one beast down and I've had it for 2 years. It wears me out playing it! There is so much to explore that I decide to go and do something but just get distracted and then realise I've spent the last two hours making recipes or trying to kill a lynel. I just haven't got the time to put the hours in!
The main quest is disturbingly easy - I finished it by accident and had to restore from a save - but yeah there is so much extra to do, even without DLC.

Having said that, killing lynels is massively satisfying. Even with endgame equipment it is absolutely not easy.

I have played the whole game through twice now and I'm on my 3rd file. I've tried doing the EX but I haven't got the patience (keep dying). I love flying and just doing absurd side quests.

If you feel in fighty mood, going to the Coliseum and sneaking up behind monsters and one-shotting them is quite satisfying

Back
Top Bottom