Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Zelda. Tears of the kingdom

nick

Pleomorphic Adenomas R us
No thread already?
Anyway - pre-orders are open (not that this seems to confer any actual benefit )

May actually make this the first game I ever actually pre-order. I must have got over 5 years of entertainment out of BOTW, meaning the £60 price tag is almost reasonable

12 May 23

No thread already?
Anyway - pre-orders are open (not that this seems to confer any actual benefit )

May actually make this the first game I ever actually pre-order. I must have got over 5 years of entertainment out of BOTW, meaning the £60 price tag is almost reasonable

12 May 23
I played my wife's copy of Breath of the Wild after she completed it. Think we might need to buy a copy each for this one :hmm:

My son is gutted that this isn't out in time for his 9th birthday next month. We're giving him the cash so he can hand over the notes himself in May. Looks amazing. I will enjoy vicariously.

I am very glad it's not out till after my university deadlines :D

New trailer. Looks fab.

Starting to get the adverts and initial "taster" reviews now.

Did my first ever pre-order. So should be good to go on 12th.

As I was also interested in Advance Wars I got a Nintendo 2 game voucher for £85 and ordered both games on that.

Got my pre order today despite screwing up the address, amazingly (but they used Royal Mail so was actually delivered by competent people). Haven't played it that much because I've been working 🤨 but so far it follows the BotW pattern in that the controls and art style are the same and it's really really pretty. You can just wander around the landscape climbing trees and picking mushrooms and it's lovely. I wish real life was that nice.

Zelda talks a lot in the intro. Link just stands there of course because that's what he does. Link actually saying anything would be like Dredd taking off his helmet i.e. a travesty.

Last edited:
There was one change I wanted and they did it!!

You can now choose to drop a weapon when opening a chest if your inventory is full.

Thank fuck for that.

As for things I didn't know I wanted (slight game play spoiler)

I never knew how much I wanted to be able to stick a korok to a log hooked onto a sky rail thingy and send it flying to another floating island.

We built a raft this morning with a sail, realised I needed a korok leaf then came back and the raft was gone.

The sail and other materials haven’t reappeared so now we’re stuck.

We then fused two logs together, came back a couple of minutes later and one log had fucked off too!

had something similar when I added fans to a floating block to get around the cliffs of great pathfinding angst of the bottom of the opening sky island, which was great until I lept off and investigated a cave, came out and it had gone.

Made one of those hooked raft things for the sky rails. Failed to get on and helplessly watched it slide away. Built an ultrajanky replacement entirely from logs. Worked beautifully :D
Heh, I accidentally dropped key components over a cliff, can confirm that you can inch along the sky rails, and not fall off, even when a 10 year old is loudly berating you for being a noob in the hope you’ll fall to your death, and it would be thus her turn.

Last edited:
I am really liking the midly transgressive 'yeah, I can see that the solution to this part of a shrine probably involves using a sort of boat thing to ferry a ball across a bit of water, but actually I've just stuck together a really long ungainly plank, and I'll use that to get the ball over the water, thanks' thing.

Saw this thread just after youngest came and told me it had come out, surprise delivery coming tomorrow. I sense a potential for the console going missing for some time so I can actually play it lol.

Saw this thread just after youngest came and told me it had come out, surprise delivery coming tomorrow. I sense a potential for the console going missing for some time so I can actually play it lol.
"The Switch is showing a T0TK error, had to be sent back to Nintendo to fix. Sorry kids."

Last edited:
I definitely need to learn how to build stuff. Currently stuck in a shrine trying to get up some tracks. It’s not going brilliantly. 😄

Back
Top Bottom