Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yellow fever vaccine your cheerful tales of it being fine please

bimble

floofy
Booked in for this on Tuesday, required for where I’m going later in the year, and someone just told me I need to cancel any plans for days after as I’ll be sick, tell me it will be fine please?

I wasn't sick at all. Just the usual relatively painless injection
The only vaccine I had that made me feel really ill was the typhoid vaccine - was fluey for a few days and it must have been a big needle as it hurt for ages too - had my arm in a sling for a couple of days!

No issues with my anecdotal exposures to it.

Is it your first one? If not there has been a change in international Policy regarding need for boosters I.e no booster required at 10 year point of first jab IYSWIM

No issues with my anecdotal exposures to it.

Is it your first one? If not there has been a change in international Policy regarding need for boosters I.e no booster required at 10 year point of first jab IYSWIM
Yep it seems to be my first one, I thought I’d had it once but looks like nope.

I don’t really understand the question, is it a medical one?
Yes. More info here:

Eta Only mentioning it because I was refused one a few years ago at the vaccination clinic on medical grounds. I'd no idea it would be a problem beforehand.

I've had it but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember if it affected me or not. But if it had been bad, I guess I would have remembered.

Last edited:
Foreign office page was a very depressing read, unsurprisingly. Possibly the most unhelpful bit of advice I’ve ever seen on a government website : “do not give cash to the police”.

Had it along with a slew of others for a trip to west Africa (that sadly never happened ☹️) - don’t recall any specific issues other than two sore arms for a day or two - almost as if someone had been stabbing them with metal spikes…

Had it too with no noticeable after effects other than never getting yellow fever.
Tbf I've never had Yellow Fever despite never having been vaccinated for it.

You'll be fine bimble, it has to be better than what it's protecting you against innit

It's over a decade since I had mine (probably due a booster at this point). I recall no adverse effects whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom