Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wristwatches, watches and watch-like gadgets

It's a regular strap. Why can't you change it yourself?
Your watch is the 6653, I think = with a regular lug width of 22mm.
Watchgecko do nice straps.

You will need to measure if the width of your existing strap tapers down from 22mm to say 20/18mm.
Your deployment clasp can be used on ANY strap, provided it has the same measurements.
I'm sure I'll change it myself. The tool is about £28 and straps £50 + 😱

Happy Friday All!

PXL-20240726-082233665.jpg

The saga continues. I knew the watch needed a service when I bought it and did get a few quid off. I took it to a jewellers nearly three weeks ago who sent it back to the manufacturers. Manufacturers wrote to me earlier, we will service the watch, replace some parts, take a scratch out and polish it. They also noted there was dirt in the 4th hole of the rubber strap, which was days old. The service will take about 15 weeks and will cost an arm and two legs 😱

I have had cheapo Casio digital watches for a while now, well since my Swatch Irony stopped keeping time. They are cheap as chips. The first model I bought (£10 about) was fine until the strap failed after a couple of years. So I bought another and again after a year or two it failed. I bought a replacement strap but the rubber wasn't so great and that too failed.

So I found a different Casio that looked like it had a butcher strap and bought that. Again a £10 odd. It did have a stronger strap but now (probably 1.5 years in) the little rubber piece that holds the strap and the outer strap together. I have no idea what it's called broke and fell off.

Do I just buy another? Seems a bit wasteful.

The saga continues. I knew the watch needed a service when I bought it and did get a few quid off. I took it to a jewellers nearly three weeks ago who sent it back to the manufacturers. Manufacturers wrote to me earlier, we will service the watch, replace some parts, take a scratch out and polish it. They also noted there was dirt in the 4th hole of the rubber strap, which was days old. The service will take about 15 weeks and will cost an arm and two legs 😱

Independent watchmaker and he's pretty good.
Ask him for a quote.

No thanks. I would not trust any delivery service with it, insured or not.

This is how most watch people send their items (and I always sell/ trade this way).
Your watch movement is standard and you will save loads by going indie.
Its not inhouse so any competent dealer can service it.

Back
Top Bottom