Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wristwatches, watches and watch-like gadgets

Very plain, simple and classic. Reminds me of Skagen watches only nicer.
Since buying my watch, I've been landed with a large unexpected car repair, but hey, you only live once and life is short.
My watch is still with parcel force. If it's value is more than a thousand, their costs go up, if they have it more than 10 days the costs go up. I gather it is waiting for customs clearance. 😓

Parcel Farce!!!

I'm so tempted by this, but am showing massive restraint as I really can't justify it, the VAT payable will piss me off and my car will need a service and some bits done on it next month.

Those are my reasons. :(

But just look at it!

but you can't wear a car.

Very plain, simple and classic. Reminds me of Skagen watches only nicer.
Since buying my watch, I've been landed with a large unexpected car repair, but hey, you only live once and life is short.
My watch is still with parcel force. If it's value is more than a thousand, their costs go up, if they have it more than 10 days the costs go up. I gather it is waiting for customs clearance. 😓

Same - since getting my GS, the warning lights to my car started to flash and the floor in the shower room has developed a slight wobble.:confused:

Parcel Farce!

She had a part fail, which I didn't know, but was aware of what I thought was unrelated symptoms. Just had a great drive in her.
I'm not a car person, but I acknowledge that I probably need to invest in a newer car that is more kid—and dog-friendly.
Cars are such a waste of hard-earned money.

Have you tried contacting Parcel Farce? Do you have a tracking number?
I remember when I ordered something from the States, they held it there until I called them to pay duty/ admin fees.

It's not easy importing a watch. It's now been with parcel force for a week. I received a letter of the weekend; 4 double sided pages of A4 giving information, requesting information and documents. There was no request for taxes yet. The info has been sorted, scanned and emailed back and posted.
Is it just like this from the states or all of Europe as well.
Given what I have seen and read, I would have fought to keep the price under £1000.

It's not easy importing a watch. It's now been with parcel force for a week. I received a letter of the weekend; 4 double sided pages of A4 giving information, requesting information and documents. There was no request for taxes yet. The info has been sorted, scanned and emailed back and posted.
Is it just like this from the states or all of Europe as well.
Given what I have seen and read, I would have fought to keep the price under £1000.

sorry to hear that. I've only ever imported a watch from the EU (after Brexit) and just had to pay the courier an import fee.

sorry to hear that. I've only ever imported a watch from the EU (after Brexit) and just had to pay the courier an import fee.
Before or after Brexit? It's bloody hard to get anything to and from the EU these days, unless the person posting it knows exactly what they're doing. It's so easy to get the paperwork wrong and end up with a parcel in limbo forever at Frankfurt airport...

Before or after Brexit? It's bloody hard to get anything to and from the EU these days, unless the person posting it knows exactly what they're doing. It's so easy to get the paperwork wrong and end up with a parcel in limbo forever at Frankfurt airport...
After, as I said. They did have to send the crocodile strap separately via RoI.

Ebay?
From Japan?
Citizen?
Quartz?
£1000?
Import taxes?

Up to you, your money and all that. But a not a direction I'd personally take. :)

Ebay?
From Japan?
Citizen?
Quartz?
£1000?
Import taxes?

Up to you, your money and all that. But a not a direction I'd personally take. :)

I know but The Citizen on the Citizen website is over/ close to £3K!
Cheapest HAQ on Ebay/ Chrono 24 in the UK is like £2.5K.

I will wait for now - need to start saving!

But it is generally cheaper to buy a GS or Citizen direct from Japan (still works out cheaper after import taxes/ handling are added).

Last edited:

Vintage Grand Seiko quartz from France and a reputable place. :)
I love GS but want to try a different brand.
The module in The Citizen watches are meant to be better than Seiko's 9F, it also doesn't need a battery change every 2.5 to 3 years and titanium is much more comfortable to wear than steel.

This one is gorgeous.

Didn't realise they were that price. :eek:

It's mental isn't it!

Citizen AQ4060-5

Not bad.
But I am talking myself out of this already. Gonna save for a long while.

Been geeking out at alternative movements

I have just tried the online chat with parcel force - useless.
It is with border force, there is nothing we can do, just keep watching the tracker.
Well the tracker says it has been with you since 24/6/24.
One of the worst online chats I have ever had the mispleasure to deal with

Back
Top Bottom