Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Would it be middle class of me to spearhead a community speed watch group?

If your relatives are going to belittle you and take the piss because you are trying to make the place where you live safer and "accuse" you of being middle class, like it's a crime, then, I don't know. I don't think I'd get on with them :D. Also, fuck what they think! What you do think? It seems you're in a situation that requires some action. Taking action has nothing to do with class, but it does require time + commitment and a reliable internet connection (because most of this sort of action is done online :) )

I hadn't ever considered that, but yes, you are possibly right.

There is a certain amount of envy on my part as I watch SUV's straddle the humps that I cross at 3 mph.

Our GQ Nissan Patrol was awesome at this. You could hit them at 80km/h and not feel a thing.

The two X5s we've had since are nothing like as good at this.

Can you get people to park their cars in such a way that it creates narrowings and chicanes in the road? Like park a row on one side then one on the other so people have to slow down to weave around?
We can park all along the road actually, there's no yellow lines, but no one does because insurance companies don't pay out on claims where the other vehicles have left the scene of the crimes.

If your relatives are going to belittle you and take the piss because you are trying to make the place where you live safer and "accuse" you of being middle class, like it's a crime, then, I don't know. I don't think I'd get on with them :D. Also, fuck what they think!
Have you ever met any scousers mate :D It's serious stuff. Moving to an area that was under conservative control has raised eyebrows with my parents. When they visit I'm petrified that my neighbour (An Aston Martin driving Private hospital orthopaedic consultant) might pop his head over the wall to say Hi in case my old fella calls him a cunt. :oops:

We can park all along the road actually, there's no yellow lines, but no one does because insurance companies don't pay out on claims where the other vehicles have left the scene of the crimes.
Couple of scrap caravans/trailers parked out there might do the job! Do you need permits for skips around there?

Couple of scrap caravans/trailers parked out there might do the job! Do you need permits for skips around there?
You need a permit to take a dump mate. Conservation area. I'm eroding the snobbishness though through the deep bass penetrating power of my floorstanders and some Lee Scratch Perry. It's nice though so don't get me wrong. We do love it, and the posh neighbours. I've got a boozer literally on the doorstep too.

Last edited:
friedaweed, spotted next week

E5S2PSNKO33MT4QZOPNP.jpg

Have you ever met any scousers mate :D It's serious stuff. Moving to an area that was under conservative control has raised eyebrows with my parents. When they visit I'm petrified that my neighbour (An Aston Martin driving Private hospital orthopaedic consultant) might pop his head over the wall to say Hi in case my old fella calls him a cunt. :oops:

:D :D I'm a foreign type so the class war fascinates and puzzles me! I do get where your family are coming from - BUT I really don't think making where you live safer and less noisy is a middle class thing...

:D :D I'm a foreign type so the class war fascinates and puzzles me! I do get where your family are coming from - BUT I really don't think making where you live safer and less noisy is a middle class thing...
Ah, the English class system and our ability to peg everyone into one of 79 different pigeon holes within seconds on meeting them. It makes you proud.

Its like guns for Americans, regional food for french people or being fucking perfect like for Swedish.

Ah, the English class system and our ability to peg everyone into one of 79 different pigeon holes within seconds on meeting them. It makes you proud.

Its like guns for Americans, regional food for french people or being fucking perfect like for Swedish.
Not very nice South African's. I've never met one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom