Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup 2014 .. post your highlights in here

juice_terry

Here is a man who would not take it anymore.
..or low lights.
Has been a great world cup, died off a little after the group stages, but the extra time in some of the knockout stages were magnificent.
Highlights for me:
James Rodriguez
Having Tim Vickery's expertise on the BBC ( saves waiting up until 2 am on a Sunday morning to listen to him)
Glen Hoddle calling Algeria Al Jazeera.. to perfectly highlight what a twat he is.
Brazil's humiliation against Germany
England's Humiliation against everyone
Costa Rica and USA matches .. the sheer determination by both teams in the tournament was exhilarating.
The retirement of Alan Hansen.. hopefully Andy Townsend's career won't last this long.

Oh yes Chile deserve an honourable mention .. They should have done better against Brazil though

I enjoyed nearly the whole thing. Loved the simple disappearing spray solving an annoying problem. Loved seeing Colombia play so well plus their fans and goal celebrations. The US deserve a big cheer after their efforts qualifying.

The sport of football was the winner

Some cracking matches, missed a week at Glastonbury but of the games I did watch almost all were completely absorbing.

Brazil v Germany was memorable.

Nobody stood out to me the way that Ballotelli did last time round (he just seemed to be everywhere and played well).

Best WC since 1990 IMHO. Or should I say, it's the one I've enjoyed most since 1990.

I can't think of any specific highlights - just good football, lots of goals and exciting games.

Lowlights - er, England. :facepalm:

Did anyone see what Adrian Chiles highlight was? I confess I did not watch the ITV coverage tonight :(

My favourite World Cup since 1982.

Highlights
- RVP's goal against Spain
- The Mexican goalies save against Brazil.
- James Rodriguez
- Mascherano. My player of the tournament.
- Schurrle's goal against Brazil. That reverse pass from Muller.
- Iran's heroics against Argentina
- The high and lows of Suarez
- Krul being a cunt against Costa Rica. My favourite villain of this World Cup
- Colombia's goal celebrations. Head and shoulders above all those wankers who point to the sky.
- Sabella's Elisha Cook Junior impersonation.
- Ron Vlaar playing for his life so he doesn't have to go back to Villa Park next season.

There's others but I can't remember at the moment. Great World Cup. The 2018 World Cup in Russia will be shit.

Columbia players dancing

XbwQi0V.gif

masherano's multiple game saving super tackles on robben.

Ron Vlaar/ 'Roncrete' - part human. part brick wall. All defender.

The likes of Iran, USA, Australia, Algeria and most of all Costa Rica having no fear of going toe to toe with their supposed superiors.

the jaw dropping drubbings dished out to spain and brazil.

Chile and Columbia.

Highlights:
Schweinsteiger getting clattered about 15 times in the final but giving it back 10 times harder every time. Nails.
The goal of the tournament competition; in any given finals Tim Cahill, van Persie or James Rodriguez would have walked it.
Smaller teams (Costa Rica, Chile) embarrassing the big boys by playing like proper old fashioned teams, not relying on star players to bail them out (Argentina, Brazil).
Brazil, lol.
Defenders getting some recognition for once - Hummels & Vlaar were as good as anyone.
South, Central and North American goalies putting a stereotype to bed - Navas, Ochoa & Howard especially.

Lowlights:
England. Half decent against Italy in defeat, woeful against Uruguay and out before Costa Rica.
Spain - era most definitely over.
The demise of the No.9. Only Klose and to a point RvP (is he really a 9?) performed in that role, everyone else was pap (Fred, j'accuse) or teams didn't bother with one.

The protesters stoning the itv pundits box from the beach - something many of us have wanted to do for years! - got the tournament off to a great start. Pity they didn't show up and stone them again later on when the lads took to the beach and did their thing wearing shorts - a new lowpoint in tv history!

Vincent Enyeama, the Nigerian keeper using every single part of him body, especially his face, as a ball magnet in their 3-2 loss to Argentina in the group stages

I think this will elevate some of the "lesser" nations to give it a go from now on - The Mericans pleased me - honest althletisicm and commitment - they make the rooneys and bloated english rich fuckers look like egotistical clowns.

Back
Top Bottom