Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will the temperature increases lead to a migration northwards?

thedockerslad

Never do what you are told
If as was being predicted a few years ago happens and the south of england really starts to heat up. Not sure we want their kind up here polluting our more gentle sharing ways.

To beat the heat, Londoners pack up and head for Glasgow...

665263_orig.jpg

If as was being predicted a few years ago happens and the south of england really starts to heat up. Not sure we want their kind up here polluting our more gentle sharing ways.
Given the winters you've had up north the last few years, not to mention the flooding, I'll stay where I am for most of the year, thanks.

Given the winters you've had up north the last few years, not to mention the flooding, I'll stay where I am for most of the year, thanks.

I understand what you are saying but I do wander if you'll be saying it this time next year.

I understand what you are saying but I do wander if you'll be saying it this time next year.

I probably will. This summer is less of a hardship than a very long hard winter.

Edited to add: This has less to do with my love of hot weather and more to do with cold wet weather increasing my workload by dint of its effect on VP.

it's grim up north, the snow in winter is terrible, rains all the time, southerners would all hate it, best they stay put daaan sarf.

That's the official message to deter them there southerners from venturing to England's better half.

Meanwhile, as they are distracted by this fiendish propaganda the clandestine operation to move Hadrians Wall to protect the southern border of the North proceeds apace. :)

Do you have to pay people to empty the bottles, or have you got volunteer cadres for that? ;)

It's a community effort as everyone is pulling together to deal with the existential threat of an invasion of southerners intent on stealing our climate and taking it back down south. We would be left with no climate at all if we let that happen!

East Anglia does not get a lot of rain. If there is an increase in temperature without a big enough increase in rainfall it may beome severely water stressed in years to come. This is one plausable reason governments of the future may encourage people to move out of the region to wetter, more northerly regions.

That's the official message to deter them there southerners from venturing to England's better half.

Meanwhile, as they are distracted by this fiendish propaganda the clandestine operation to move Hadrians Wall to protect the southern border of the North proceeds apace. :)

I think I've seen partially constructed parts of the secret new Hadrian 2.0 behind the big Tesco on the A61 between Sheffield and Chesterfield. Sssshhhhhhh!

We need another one - from the Bristol Channel to The Wash.

Better get cracking then, as you never know when the southerners will invade. Ours is nearing completion so we'll be safe up in our hilly homeland, especially once all the black pudding trebuchets are installed. No one can survive being hit in the face with a blood sausage at 100mph. :)

East Anglia does not get a lot of rain. If there is an increase in temperature without a big enough increase in rainfall it may beome severely water stressed in years to come. This is one plausable reason governments of the future may encourage people to move out of the region to wetter, more northerly regions.
I would think that the exodus has already begun - hardly a pub left in the place and those that remain only open for a few hours a day.
Even more worrying is the effect of climate change on barley growing in E.A. and the impact on the supply of beer to the nation.

Back
Top Bottom