Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will airports say on their website if getting through them is extra-slow?

Cloo

Approved by toads
Flying on Saturday late afternoon - first time in two and a half years. Bit concerned having heard about some airports being massively fucked up by staff shortages a few weeks back, and that wasn't even half term. Is an airport likely to post on its website in a timely manner if things are looking totally up the spout? I mean, I'd assume they'd know by mid morning if there were serious issues, but I don't know how communicative they tend to be about it. As it's a later flight, we could leave earlier if the word is there's difficulties.

Where are you flying from? The problems have been very specific/localised.

Gatwick South was a piece of cake.

Luton - it's usually been good for getting through, never had big problems there except times when we were cutting it fine, which i don't plan to do!

Edinburgh was OK the few times we've been through it this year.

Manchester, I'm told, is currently a nightmare in and outbound

Luton - it's usually been good for getting through, never had big problems there except times when we were cutting it fine, which i don't plan to do!
I flew out of Luton last Friday and in again on Monday it was a breeze. (Delayed flight for drunken mouthy bloke to get hoofed off and Jaegar swigging harpy vomitting everywhere aside!)

We've been wondering the same Cloo

We're flying Exeter to Orkney in a week and have heard similar tales of folk missing flights etc.

I'm going to give them a bell a couple of days before and give ourselves loads of time on the day itself.

I might suggest, though husband will always be reluctant, we allow an extra hour. He always complains about how early I want to get there, but he's the one who gets super stressed and anxious if things get tight. I'd rather risk an extra hour in departures than a big panic tbh.

Flew out of Heathrow a few weeks back. Long security line. I left three hours, needed at least two but not three.

Went to Amsterdam last week. Bristol was a breeze. Amsterdam, with one of the worst reputations for slowness was...weird. Coming back it was a bit slow, massive crawl through 4 or 5 really long lines to customs. Where...nobody had to take electrics out of bags, nobody asked to take their shoes off (we were asked to at Bristol) and nobody asked to take liquids out of bags and put them separate.

Which kinda begs the question why do we have to do all that bollocks at most airports?

Went to Amsterdam last week. Bristol was a breeze. Amsterdam, with one of the worst reputations for slowness was...weird. Coming back it was a bit slow, massive crawl through 4 or 5 really long lines to customs. Where...nobody had to take electrics out of bags, nobody asked to take their shoes off (we were asked to at Bristol) and nobody asked to take liquids out of bags and put them separate.

Which kinda begs the question why do we have to do all that bollocks at most airports?
1658571956825.png

Smaller airports are easier than big ones at the moment, and don’t check in luggage if you can avoid it is what I hear.

don’t some airports have improved scanners so liquids etc don’t have to be removed?

1658581007806.png

Back
Top Bottom