Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the Guardian is going down the pan!

Grim reading back in 2023.

On trend edge in 2024. Book your cheap flights now, climate hypocrites!

Genuinely the worst, cringiest thing I have ever read. Reads like an alien has watched a boxed set of TOWIE and then been asked to create a list of 'authentic' experiences using drunk AI.

Or what happens when privately educated Oxbridge types try to get down with the plebs.

Genuinely the worst, cringiest thing I have ever read. Reads like an alien has watched a boxed set of TOWIE and then been asked to create a list of 'authentic' experiences using drunk AI.

Or what happens when privately educated Oxbridge types try to get down with the plebs.
36. A Dr Oetker pizza, a couple of cold ones and a nice bit of University Challenge.

Nazi pizza.

I was saving that for later as thought it would be a gem, just had a read think it’s definitely written by someone a bit like whoever Jarvis Cocker was thinking of in Common People

Evidently I am not British as I don’t recognise most of the references :confused: :D

That is truly fucking dreadful.

Wow. That is just fucking awful.

I was saving that for later as thought it would be a gem, just had a read think it’s definitely written by someone a bit like whoever Jarvis Cocker was thinking of in Common People

Evidently I am not British as I don’t recognise most of the references :confused: :D

Accurate.

Accurate.

What the fuck

I'm apparently not very British then. The only thing that even vaguely resonated there was

93. Having zero understanding of American football.

Hell, I didn't even understand most of it.

Not just posh schools - My primary school (state school) it was the names of local stately home type places - Penshurst, Hever, Chartwell, Leeds, Scotney, Knole. Your house had nothing to do with the form class you were in (there were 6 classes per year)

My state secondary school had various renowned old boys from many centuries ago none of whom anyone would have heard of except perhaps for one who founded a famous university.

Barely remember that series, apart from the broom sports

Yeah I'm not good at explaining it as I only have a very rudimentary understanding but wiki explains it better.

The house system is a traditional feature of schools in the United Kingdom. The practice has since spread to Commonwealth countries. The school is divided into units called "houses" and each student is allocated to one house at the moment of enrollment. Houses may compete with one another at sports and maybe in other ways, thus providing a focus for group loyalty.

Historically, the house system has been associated with public schools in England, especially boarding schools, where a "house" referred to a boarding house at the school. In this case, the housemaster or housemistress in charge of the house is in loco parentis to the pupils who live in it, even though the house normally has a separate "private side" in which he or she can live a family life.[1] Such an arrangement still continues in most boarding schools, while in day schools the word house is likely to refer to a grouping of pupils, rather than to a particular building.

Not just posh schools - My primary school (state school) it was the names of local stately home type places - Penshurst, Hever, Chartwell, Leeds, Scotney, Knole. Your house had nothing to do with the form class you were in (there were 6 classes per year)

My state secondary school had various renowned old boys from many centuries ago none of whom anyone would have heard of except perhaps for one who founded a famous university.

Outed yerself there Elpenor. You posho. :p:D

In my mind it is mostly related to public schools so that's the way it is staying.

Back
Top Bottom