Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why so few goals scored so far?

Why so few goals?

• Total voters

Paulie Tandoori

shut it you egg!
What it says on the tin - why have we seen so few goals so far around?

Is it the ball?

Is it the tactics?

Is it the fear of losing the first match?

Is it the vevezulas?

Or something more sinister....:hmm:

World Cup 2006 & 2002 , 55 goals by now by my calculations, this time its 20 to date.

Over to you......poll to come

I reckon it's that stupid ball. It's all the overhit passes and crosses mean fuck all chances. I reckon England should do the decent thing and lend Rob Green to other teams so we can see so more goals.

I reckon it's that stupid ball. It's all the overhit passes and crosses mean fuck all chances. I reckon England should do the decent thing and lend Rob Green to other teams so we can see so more goals.
Chris Coleman was convinced in his commentary the other night that the ball is to blame - as he said, this is supposed to be the cream of world football and he couldn't believe that there could be any other reason why so many top-flight players suddenly can't take a free kick or corner, nor get hardly a shot on target.

2002's tally of 33 was boosted by Germany's 8-0 thrashing of the Saudi Arabia

2006 tally of 30 was boosted by Germany's 4-2 defeat of Costa Rica

2010 Germany scored only four.

Its Germanys fault. :(

2002's tally of 33 was boosted by Germany's 8-0 thrashing of the Saudi Arabia

2006 tally of 30 was boosted by Germany's 4-2 defeat of Costa Rica

2010 Germany scored only four.

Its Germanys fault. :(
good work son, blame the old enemy, they don't like it up em etc etc!!! :D

Chris Coleman was convinced in his commentary the other night that the ball is to blame - as he said, this is supposed to be the cream of world football and he couldn't believe that there could be any other reason why so many top-flight players suddenly can't take a free kick or corner, nor get hardly a shot on target.

Germany got on fine and they've been using the ball all season. I reckon it has to be that. How many free kicks have just sailed miles away from the goal? How many crosses have just got no where near where they are supposes to?

It has to be the ball, well fucking done FIFA.

How much difference can a ball really make? :hmm:

With ze exception of ze Germans, it doesn't seem to me that any of the teams have really hit the ground running so far. A lot of the play has been cagey and there have been some great goalkeeping performances as well, especially Inyeama of Nigeria against the Argies.

Its Teams being careful not to lose the opening games... some middle road teams against teams that could upset them.. trying to make sure they hold for a point. Lots of negative cautious approach play.

that and the fact im not playing

Its Teams being careful not to lose the opening games... some middle road teams against teams that could upset them.. trying to make sure they hold for a point. Lots of negative cautious approach play.

that and the fact im not playing

But that's true for every World Cup and every European Cup, so it doesn't explain the lack of goals this time.

But that's true for every World Cup and every European Cup, so it doesn't explain the lack of goals this time.

I think its the flue of the draw.... lots of games where both teams could take things out of them. Or the underdog's kill the game knowing they can get the draw..

Germany - Aus was a good example of a game where one team were favourite, and went for the win, and thanks to early pressure where able to push on and really go to town.

What we need is a rethink of the system in the 1st round.
How about 1 pt for a win 0 for a draw, 0 for a loss and 1 point for goals for?

There for if you win 1-0 you will get 2 pts. if you win 5-3 you will get 6 pts and even the losers get 3! This is the reward for an entertaining game.

Come on Blatter, this system is killing the Tournament!

There for if you win 1-0 you will get 2 pts. if you win 5-3 you will get 6 pts and even the losers get 3! This is the reward for an entertaining game.

That's nearly as good as the American's apparent ideas for making football higher scoring like bigger goals and the like.

Not quite that good though.

That's nearly as good as the American's apparent ideas for making football higher scoring like bigger goals and the like.

Not quite that good though.

I disagree mate! I've watched every world cup since '66' and this trend is getting worse every tourney. Something has to change. This WC is actually a WC, a piss pot of poor performances due to fear. Worst ever.

Except you'd suddenly see a lot of teams playing fuckall in defense. Every time a teams feels shafted by a draw that would qualify both teams, there's a huge uproar. Imagine both teams not giving a shit about defense, and qualifying with a silly pre-arranged result.

TBH, I think the ball is partly to blame - but I'm wondering if the sport is just short on talent these days.

Back
Top Bottom