Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who would you like to see portray the Devil on screen?

I think Meryl Streep (left) has given the definitive performance of el Shaitan.

Meryl-Streep-as-Thatcher--007.jpg
I was just about to post the same.

Carry On, For Christ's Sake! (1971)

The Pharisees, Hawtrey and Bresslaw, plot to destroy Jesus (Dale, uncredited and shot only from behind), with the aid of Herod (James) and Pontius Pilate (Williams). Featuring Barbara Windsor as Mary Magdalene and Kenneth Connor as Barabas.

Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones) can look a bit infernal. Think it's the eyebrows.
928351_804199986282507_505758509_n.jpg

Viggo Mortensen does a good job of it in The Prophet (with Christopher Walken as Gabriel).
the second and third aren't as good but theres still plenty of Walken so worth the time

the next three in the series star nobody I've ever heard of and are crap

the second and third aren't as good but theres still plenty of Walken so worth the time

the next three in the series star nobody I've ever heard of and are crap
The next three? Wiki has two further ones (both from 2005) which have nothing to do with the first trilogy but have Doug Bradley and Sean Pertwee (in the first at least) in - if you can't tell me who they (plus movies) are you should be ashamed :D

ETA Another B-Movie legend is in Five - Tony Todd but not as Satan, which is a shame

Ah! I've never seen Hellraiser, although I know about pinhead. Wasn't allowed to watch violent films in the 80s so I've missed a few gems- been catching up over the years, will seek a torrent cos eveyone loves it and it sounds well wrong

Back
Top Bottom