Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will get a big move post WC? Who would you like at your Club?

LiamO

So. Who has impressed you most at his World Cup?

Who would be your fantasy signing for your club?

Who might be a realistic target?

I really liked Yerry Mina, the big Colombian centre-half, but I see Barca snapped him up for their bench months ago.

I can see Arsenal making a move on Pavard from Stuttgart. And he's got John 'one wonder goal' Jensen written all over him.

I only said Pickford to Liverpool for the catatonia it would induce in Evertonians.

Edit. Just googled it. Arsenal have been after him since June.

I really liked Yerry Mina, the big Colombian centre-half, but I see Barca snapped him up for their bench months ago.
Boring answer is that clubs' world scouting networks are so extensive now that pretty much all the players who've shone this WC are already at big clubs. Mina, who I agree was impressive and I had not heard of, is a good example.

Guillermo Ochoa to Celtic would be nice.

Not a bad shout. We'd have to open the biscuit tin to get him though. I assume Brendan has been busy behind the scenes. I quite like the way that Celtic have announced signings as a fait accompli of late... starving the tabloid trash of speculation.

Not a bad shout. We'd have to open the biscuit tin to get him though. I assume Brendan has been busy behind the scenes. I quite like the way that Celtic have announced signings as a fait accompli of late... starving the tabloid trash of speculation.

He's currently at Standard Liege, so I can't imagine the biscuit tin would have to be opened up too much.

He's currently at Standard Liege, so I can't imagine the biscuit tin would have to be opened up too much.

Seems to save his best stuff for World Cups though.

Should be great at Celtic where every game is like a WC Final. Still think Brendan would stick with the dour but reliable incumbent though.

Seems to save his best stuff for World Cups though.

Should be great at Celtic where every game is like a WC Final. Still think Brendan would stick with the dour but reliable incumbent though.

He'd fit in well with Gamboa, Lustig and Boyata, then. But I know what you mean. I remember he was outstanding at the last World Cup as well, so it's surprising to see that he's never really played for a big club.

Last edited:
I see Ronaldo's moved to Juveentus. Probably more to do with getting the fuck out of Spain after they just done him for €20million tax back payments and slapped a 2 year suspended on him.

Apparently Modric is up next:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom