Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who liked Oasis?

Hollis

bloody furious
I don't not admit I liked them in the mid 90s.. it was fairly obvious by 1996/7 they were going nowhere but whatever..

And yes. blur are/were far more talented..

I think Oasis still caught somehing.. in the air 1994/5..

first couple of albums were great and i really liked them. after that though, quickly fell out of love with them and they've done nothing of note since

but fwiw, no-one i knew gave a fuck about britpop. we were into house music, techno, jungle & hiphop, like everyone else (apart from the people who commission 'i love the 1990s' countdowns for channel 4).

Thing is.. like'em or loath them - it wasn't just about acouple tunes.. it was back to rock n roll or summat..

It really was.. there really was something going on then.. it wan't like Travis had realsed their second album.

I loved them at the time.

I saw Noel do his acoustic set at the Albert Hall a few months ago, best gig I have ever been to, cost me about £400!

Liam is a wanker though.

I absolutely loved them for a while - saw them at Earls Court and Knebworth and they were fantastic. Got bored after the first couple of albums though. I dragged my sister to the Earls Court gig, and in return I had to go with her to see Blur. To my surprise I quite enjoyed the Blur gig as well and I listened to one of their albums after that and thought it was quite good.

some good songs but nowt special. Like killer b says most people i know were listening to house, techno, jungle etc

Bought their first few singles & first two albums. They just got shit when they stopped being a tribute band to everyone but themselves.
I always liked Blur, saw them at their lowest ebb in 92 and knew they were going to be good.

But I was listening to all sorts of stuff at that time as well.

I liked them.

Some of the early gigs were fantastic. Earls Court was a fucking electric show.

The Oasis/Blur thing was silly.

I saw them on 'The Word' and thought they had a certain something. Mostly over hyped perhaps because there was no one else like them and they filled this beer fueled singalong space.

'Some might say' certainly sounded fat back in '95 but how wrong it all went after that.

Back
Top Bottom