Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where to fish on the Wandle ?

Dur to redundancy, I have dug out my old fly rod and would like to start catching some trout ( and releasing them of course ) in/ around LOndon

Obvious candidate is the wandle - anyone have any idea where the best places to head to are ?

Or any other London suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Reactions: ash
It's a nice walk the length of the Wandle. You could just have a look for yourself while you do it (you need waders at a couple of places).

Less harmful than the crap that leached into the water from the old Abbey Mills site etc before most of them were remediated. That used to kill the fish off slowly and horribly whenever the water board tried stocking in the 70s and 80s. :( Back in the early '70s, on some hot days, the smell coming off the Wandle around Earlsfield could be eye-watering! :eek:

A novel idea that doesn't quite seem to have reached the monster Tesco in Acre Lane yet :hmm:

Can't speak for the legendary Arndale Centre and neighbouring outlets ....

um

decent suggestions, thanks

TBF, I havent caught enything for years it seems, so im not yet a fully fledged torturer! I have spare time - Its either Kyle and Loose women or hanging around in Croydon failing to catch fish.

reprise- i got a job and never made it to the Wandle. May go in April..I dont eat em or kill em anyway- but apparently its not reccomened anyway as them fish may be full of bad things

i hooked something in the wandle that went like a train. straightened my rod out. never had a run like it. 8lb line. by the sainsburys, in two foot of water. hooked it, straightened the rod out, ping!

any carp boys about?

south norwood lake is the a cracking, mysterious water. talk of upper 30s. very good anglers with just a few fish a year. complete opposite of a runs water. love it.

i hooked something in the wandle that went like a train. straightened my rod out. never had a run like it. 8lb line. by the sainsburys, in two foot of water. hooked it, straightened the rod out, ping!

any carp boys about?

south norwood lake is the a cracking, mysterious water. talk of upper 30s. very good anglers with just a few fish a year. complete opposite of a runs water. love it.
There are some large carp in the wandle 15lb+

Back
Top Bottom