Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where not to watch England vs Spain Euro 2024 final in London

ouirdeaux

Caring, Understanding, Non-judgemental Type
Are there any venues brave enough not to show it? I have a hazy ideas there are still TV-free pubs, but have forgotten where they are, because a TV is something I don't notice until it's intrusive. If you know of any havens, please list them here. Willing to travel a bit.

Spoons boozers don't usually have TVs as far as I remember.
That was true in the olden days, which I remember, because I once took refuge in one during a World Cup. Before the turn of the millennium. They caved in ages ago.

I doubt many German bars will be showing it. Or a Sam Smiths pub with their no music, no TV policy is a good bet.

The website for the Bierkeller says it's sold our for the great occasion.

Sam Smith. Hmm. But they're ghastly, not selling anything that's not from their own stock.

Safest bet is a Sam Smith's. They're not cheap any more and their standard bitter is shite, but their bottled beers are ok. They do a continental-style lager that's quite good apparently, if you like that sort of thing.

Their beers aren't too bad actually. And cheap as chips. This one's got a lovely location. And defo no football.
Not as cheap as they used to be, certainly in central London. They're significantly more expensive than Spoons, and not so different from a standard pub nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom