Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question what's f*cking with my pictures?

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
today i went for a walk and when i looked at the pictures i'd taken (using an auld tz70) on a linux computer i found some of them had gone all weird:
1604599251167.png

so i tried using a windows 10 computer and found some of the weird ones had recovered and some of the ones which appeared strangely were strange in different ways

so i wondered if it was the camera or the micro usb or the computer and i looked at some of the pictures i'd taken on my phone to see if this might narrow the location of the issue down

and some of them have gone weird too
1604599011567.png
again, i have tried on two computers and the errors appear often in different ways

the pictures appear perfectly when viewed on the camera and the phone

is there any way to solve this?

Have you tried a different SD card in case the existing one is corrupted?
i have copied the pictures now, so nothing more will be lost

but i don't think it is the card, as the images appear perfectly when viewed on both the camera and the phone

e2a: it's only a minority of the pictures in either case

What is "weird" about the photos exactly?
the pictures have been divided into many pieces which don't sit as they should. there are two pictures in the op. bits of them have been moved about so it looks like there are three pictures in each image. it's like me taking a picture of you and your eyes appear on the bottom of the picture and your nose and chin side by side at the top.

the pictures have been divided into many pieces which don't sit as they should. there are two pictures in the op. bits of them have been moved about so it looks like there are three pictures in each image. it's like me taking a picture of you and your eyes appear on the bottom of the picture and your nose and chin side by side at the top.

Ok makes sense now. Sorry i don't know the awnser though.

Those are the actual pictures? I see them in three bits and I am using a Linux machine right now. Do other people just see normal-looking pictures?

Ah right - I thought you'd just arranged them like that. It's odd if the camera is saving them like that. Could it be one of the settings? You've probably ruled that out.

Have you tried reformatting the card?
the first card i might do now, having copied the pictures of it. the second card i would prefer not to because it's got all manner of things from my phone on. and it seems to work fine because none of the music on it is corrupted

Ive had shit like this happen to images when copying stuff to computers using a dodgy USB card reader or cable.
Yeah, I would try another reader/cable/method of accessing the files (maybe just try again with the same one, making sure cables are unkinked and plugged in securely). Unless you've deleted the pictures of course.

Pickman's model

I know you don't like it when I change the text in your posts, but in this instance, please don't put the swear word back in as it can stop other people accessing the site because of filtering wi-fi networks.

Back
Top Bottom