Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What to do with old cassettes?

I still have what must be a couple of hundred tapes somewhere and they're not going anywhere.

Man with mortgage and kid unable to throw out rave tapes

"I’ve just found ‘Dr S Gachet at Desire ’94’ and I am fucked if that is going to the charity shop.

“My wife may feel differently but Gachet is a badman and that is 45 minutes of atmospheric drum and bass that needs to be preserved for future generations.

“I have been focused on family and career but finding these tapes has made me realise that the important things in life are raving and getting off your head.”

I probably dumped 150 plus tapes that covered my musical tastes from the age of 15 up to 25.

I still have :eek: :oops: :D :p :cool: maybe 60 or 70 (?) cassettes that cover my obsessions** from roughly 1976 or so to around 1993 or so ... Haven't touched them for many many years out of pure, unadulerated 'whats the fucking point of those now?'-ness .... :hmm:

**(that is, my obsessions between my vinyl era, which was followed much later by my zillions of CDs era. But there were obviously many confused overlaps between formats, and various gaps too, which led to me missing stuff... :confused:. Was too busy geting twatted on all sorts. Always twatted along with various music though :) :cool:

Last edited:
Reckon so; was in a hiphop store a few months back and they were selling old school cassettes for around a tenner a go! Not sure if they were flying off the shelves, mind.
Really? ive got loads of oldskool HipHop on cassette,in fact ive got a ridiculous amount of cassettes i keep looking at,occassionally musing on what to do with em!

I forgot about this thread! All my old mix tapes have gone to a mate who is going to digitise them for me. A load of the 'real' tapes were fucked but there is a small selection of heavy metal tapes (iron maiden, kiss, la guns etc) that can go to a good home if anyone actually wants them?

SpookyFrank ATOMIC SUPLEX

20180122_150852.jpg 20180122_150806.jpg 20180122_150755.jpg
Kept mine...this is about a third of them. I don't really miss my vinyl and I thought I would do. But these tapes bring back so many memories. I would no more get rid of them than I would photographs. Sorry if the pics are huge.

Back
Top Bottom