Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What shall I do with loads of carrots and some pumpkin?

miss direct

misfungled
I've got a big bag of carrots and a big pack of pumpkin (plus some onions, garlic, and all sorts of spices in the cupboards). I'm going to a Thanksgiving thing tomorrow and want to make something nice with them. Any suggestions?

Forgot to say soup isn't a good idea, something that will be ok served luke warm as we'll be in a big room up on the roof, not in a home.

If I roast them, what would be a good dressing - something sweet like honey or spicy like cumin? I know Americans are into sweet vegetables at Thanksgiving.

If I roast them, what would be a good dressing - something sweet like honey or spicy like cumin? I know Americans are into sweet vegetables at Thanksgiving.

Roast them in some olive oil, chilli flakes or paprika and some mixed green herbs.Cut the onions in half, the pumpkin in large wedges and the carrots in longish batons. If you have some red peppers add them in fairly large pieces too.

I've got a big bag of carrots and a big pack of pumpkin (plus some onions, garlic, and all sorts of spices in the cupboards). I'm going to a Thanksgiving thing tomorrow and want to make something nice with them. Any suggestions?
PumpkinSpider2.jpg

spider?

It's all going to look very orange. Wondering what I can stick in for a different colour when I present it. I like food to look nice!

Right, this is what I did. Chopped up the pumpkin, carrots, and quartered and chopped a big red onion. Put in big bowl. Made a dressing/sauce of oil, honey, mustard, cumin, and ras el hannout (Moroccan spice mix). Also cut up some long marshmallow stick things, scattered them, also some whole garlic cloves and mustard seeds. Roasted for about an hour, tossing once. They were great, and my house smelled lovely. Will definitely do again.

Roast carrots? :hmm:
Roast carrots has to be one of the best things ever.
Clean and parboil them, then put in a roasting tin and coat with a mix of olive oil or a good quality sunflower oil, thyme, and maple syrup - then roast until done. If you must put pumpkin in too, then so be it (not a big fan of pumpkin, I don't hate it, it's just OK iykwim).

Back
Top Bottom