Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What have people got against motorists?

It's happened to me enough times over the years. Luckily I wasn't seriously injured either though I did end up with my bike being damaged a few times.

Yeh. Every single one. All the firemen and paramedics. All those wankers delivering food. What a bunch of cunts eh
same with cyclists. every single one, all those little old men riding to the high street, the paramedics, the nice family groups out getting some exercise on a Sunday.... etc.

Point well made I think OU :thumbs:

(now I'm putting this thread on ignore) :hmm:

There are too many people on the road tbf, people are cunts and driving standards are low. I try to apply my everyday outlook to my driving, doesn't always work because somedays i'm not myself and i'm a cunt, but generally i would say am a considerate, passive driver.

Fwiw its worth, i have been run over, by a god fearng bible case no less. I dint judge.

They love the infernal combustion more than life itself. Their fumes choke our cities and their roads murder our wildlife. Their dedication to the defense of a demonstrably world-wrecking technology reaches heights of hyperbole and specious reason even one such as I can only admire the levels of it.
They think that pedestrians are the lowest form of life and even built a town dedicated to their ways, the town of Milton Keynes. Which non of the most vociferous of car freaks fancy living in. Its not that bad tbf, but it is built for them.
Let me remove any confusion here on my stance. It is entirely necessary as it stands for goods and services (emergency or otherwise) to use the road network that we have- there simply is no extant way of doing it quicker. But let us not forget how rail was decimated by Beeching Rail-Hater, Rail that moved non emergency freight and people around to the most obscure and yet necessary places.
And don't get me started on Fordism in general and the malign influence of his racism and neo-Factory System (for its time) union busting ways

Last edited:
Motorists. Nice people out of the car but once they get behind the wheel they go through a fucking dangerous change.

Most of them have no idea how potentially lethal the thing they're driving is. And that thing which could never happen to them - yes it can. And quite likely will. But do they drive expecting a child to dash out from behind a car? No. Speed is all that counts.

:(:mad::mad:

On my cycle ride home tonight, at a crossroads where I was going straight across and there was a driver turning right (two lanes), the opposite lane (heading right) was a traffic jam, as I could see approaching the junction, but when I look across to my right I saw a driver approaching and stopped to give way. The driver turning right had different ideas and drove out into the road, blocking the lane, nearly causing a collision and actually causing a row. I liked it cos it meant I could cycle across through the traffic jam rather than having to wait.

Motorists. Nice people out of the car but once they get behind the wheel they go through a fucking dangerous change.

Most of them have no idea how potentially lethal the thing they're driving is. And that thing which could never happen to them - yes it can. And quite likely will. But do they drive expecting a child to dash out from behind a car? No. Speed is all that counts.

:(:mad::mad:
Allow me to remind you of the cartoon that has clearly prejudiced your opinion of motorists since you were in the infants.

I do know people who don't drive AND don't live in large cities with decent public transport. They are usually the ones always asking for lifts everywhere from the very motorists they deride!
Well, why become an awful motorist, when you can get lifts. These people are saintly and not killing the planet.

Allow me to remind you of the cartoon that has clearly prejudiced your opinion of motorists since you were in the infants.

You think my opinion is based on cartoon representations of motorists? Oh do grow up.

I'm constantly amazed and appalled by the dreadful lack of awareness by your average motorist; irrespective of the roads or conditions. Motorways to car parks, people who should know better drive recklessly and selfishly.

Well, why become an awful motorist, when you can get lifts. These people are saintly and not killing the planet.
No such people are a liability that rely on the generosity of others, and when they do damn motorists they are biting the hand that feeds them!

No such people are a liability that rely on the generosity of others, and when they do damn motorists they are biting the hand that feeds them!
No, they are saints for taking up seats. it's the drivers with empty seats that are the real cunts here

They love the infernal combustion more than life itself. Their fumes choke our cities and their roads murder our wildlife. Their dedication to the defense of a demonstrably world-wrecking technology reaches heights of hyperbole and specious reason even one such as I can only admire the levels of it.
They think that pedestrians are the lowest form of life and even built a town dedicated to their ways, the town of Milton Keynes. Which non of the most vociferous of car freaks fancy living in. Its not that bad tbf, but it is built for them.
Let me remove any confusion here on my stance. It is entirely necessary as it stands for goods and services (emergency or otherwise) to use the road network that we have- there simply is no extant way of doing it quicker. But let us not forget how rail was decimated by Beeching Rail-Hater, Rail that moved non emergency freight and people around to the most obscure and yet necessary places.
And don't get me started on Fordism in general and the malign influence of his racism and neo-Factory System (for its time) union busting ways

Politics of envy. :p

Nah on a more serious note have you ever walked into round Milton Keynes away from the town center. Loads of green spaces and under passenger, but tbh when I visited a mate there I was a bit shocked about how much was out of view from the roads. OK at night it feels like it could be a good backdrop for a 21st century clockwork orange and it's still a souless place, but more to it then meets the eye.

Back
Top Bottom