Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We Happy Few: quirky gamer set in 60s Britain

editor

hiraethified
I'm not much of a gamer but this one looks fantastic

From the independent studio that brought you Contrast, We Happy Few is an action/adventure game set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England. Hide, fight and conform your way out of this delusional, Joy-obsessed world.

Looks interesting if a little derivative of the aformentioned Bioshock. Sort of Bioshock mixed with A Clockwork Orange, which makes sense aesthetically. Looks a bit 'story' for me though

Looks very similar in aesthetic to Contrast which they also made. Tbh, I thought that looked better than it played, but interesting enough.

Looks interesting if a little derivative of the aformentioned Bioshock. Sort of Bioshock mixed with A Clockwork Orange, which makes sense aesthetically. Looks a bit 'story' for me though

Reading the articles it's more the Prisoner meets Clockwork, and its a stealth exploration game. Anyway I fucking love Bioshock...

Reading the articles it's more the Prisoner meets Clockwork, and its a stealth exploration game. Anyway I fucking love Bioshock...
A 'stealth exploration' game? Is that like sneaking around scavenging stuff?
So you don't get to shoot anything to bits?

If it's a British setting you're after, you should check out Everyone's Gone To The Rapture.

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture | Rock, Paper, Shotgun - PC Game Reviews, Previews, Subjectivity

egttr2.jpg

I haven't played it yet.

Been watching the development of this one for a while as I follow jim sterling and he showed some of the early game play (he now also has a voice acting role in it)

It looks intresting.

Back
Top Bottom