Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Watching online?

I thought the BBC were going to be showing every sport live online so you could pick whatever you wanted to watch, which I swear they've done previously, but it seems there's only the choice of whatever the TV is showing or the red button :confused: :(

I thought the BBC were going to be showing every sport live online so you could pick whatever you wanted to watch, which I swear they've done previously, but it seems there's only the choice of whatever the TV is showing or the red button :confused: :(
Eurosport have got the online rights. You can get a week free trial, £7 a month thereafter.

The BBC is annoying, they keep switching between sports and there seems no way of knowing what they're going to be showing:

Capture.JPG

If you’re a SkyQ or Vodafone customer it looks like you may be able to get a longer free trial period.
Alas, I am neither.
This was BBC One's schedule, but now they're showing surprise hockey from 10:30 :confused:

View attachment 280284
The worst kind of hockey :(

It really does suck not having more ability to pick what we watch for ourselves, both in terms of which sport but also because (quite naturally, as pretty much any broadcaster would) the BBC are focusing on British athletes, which isn't always who I want to watch.

It seems the BBC only have the rights to show two live sports at a time so it's going to be very limited viewing. :(

And, I've just found out that although I have a Eurosport subscription through Amazon Prime I don't get the full range of sports that a direct sub to Discovery+ (which includes Eurosport) would. :(

Aye, just found out the same via this thread:

Really sucks that they've put full coverage behind a paywall. Aside from the impact on the general public, how are the next generation of athletes supposed to get inspired to play a sport if they can't bloody see it :facepalm: :rolleyes:

You'd think if they could only put two live sports, they'd make the effort to tell people what they would be.

Nice taekwondo going on here:

Capture.JPG

Annoying that the BBC can show two live sports but they only have two channels and on one of them they spend most of the time chatting shit in the studio. Should have done all the talk and highlights on a third channel to maximize the live action.

It looks as though some of it is available via Eurosport Player but that requires a subscription
If you are a Vodafone monthly payer , you can get 6 months free Discovery + subscription. Now I have to work out how to put it on the big telly 😀

If you are a Vodafone monthly payer , you can get 6 months free Discovery + subscription. Now I have to work out how to put it on the big telly 😀
O2 did the same with Apple TV a while back. I "think" I set up the log in details online then added the app for the TV and just followed the instructions.

O2 are now offering 6 months Disney+ so I've got to do the same for that just so I can watch The Mandalorian and then cancel it.

O2 did the same with Apple TV a while back. I "think" I set up the log in details online then added the app for the TV and just followed the instructions.

O2 are now offering 6 months Disney+ so I've got to do the same for that just so I can watch The Mandalorian and then cancel it.
Tried for a while last night , apparently you can watch via Amazon prime but I couldn't find it , and there are all the Eurosport channels on my telly but I had to update my current TV subscription to get them , plus there seem to be some sort of software issue on my Sony Bravia telly . Watching the Olympics 5 years ago was a lot simpler.

Tried for a while last night , apparently you can watch via Amazon prime but I couldn't find it , and there are all the Eurosport channels on my telly but I had to update my current TV subscription to get them , plus there seem to be some sort of software issue on my Sony Bravia telly . Watching the Olympics 5 years ago was a lot simpler.
I think I mentioned up thread that I worked out that not all the Eurosport feeds are included in the Prime deal which pissed me off.

I think I mentioned up thread that I worked out that not all the Eurosport feeds are included in the Prime deal which pissed me off.
Yep , I think I might need to upgrade my TV box , there didn't seem to be a way to do this on the BT website , apart from calling someone 😳 I reckon I'll be able to access all the live streams in about 3 weeks.

I'm finding the iplayer impossible to navigate. there's seriously no way to know what events are available to watch without clicking through every "Day X" programme in the list?

and when I finally do find a sport I want to watch, the Badminton women's singles final cuts off early - at 20-18 in the 3rd game ffs!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom