Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Victoria Park

Numbers

an ting!
What's the coo with this park?

Missus and I are thinking of heading up this evening/tonight for a few hours just to hang out, have a few beers etc..

Anyone been and able to let us know what gwan.

Merci

no idea what's going on - try and go to the Palm Tree pub! If it hasn't been changed in the last couple of years it is an excellent 60s/70s style pub - hasn't been changed since then!

Yeah - me and a mate were in the area the other day... there's searches and your not allowed to take in any liquids, and there's a fence round it. Personally preferred the open screen at Hyde Park or South Bank.

Anyway, we didn't go in and found a local pub.. so dunno what its like inside!

What's the coo with this park?

Missus and I are thinking of heading up this evening/tonight for a few hours just to hang out, have a few beers etc..

Anyone been and able to let us know what gwan.

Merci
It's actually great. There are several screens (the biggest is right at the back, so make sure you don't just stop at the first one you see). The atmosphere is predictably great when some Team GB bod does good.
There are okay bands (for free). When I was there people were genuinely trying to turn it into a mini-rave (this was in the build up to Soul 2 Soul).
The beer is pricey, but not as expensive as at Hyde Park.
You can't bring owt in, so have a picnic and a few tinnies in the park outside before you attend if you like (plenty of others are doing so).
Definitely worth while (in a low-key kind of way).

Thinking of going on Sunday after going to the Marathon. Anybody any idea of best time to get there - I plan to stay to watch the closing ceremony, fireworks, etc.

Yeah - me and a mate were in the area the other day... there's searches and your not allowed to take in any liquids, and there's a fence round it. Personally preferred the open screen at Hyde Park or South Bank.

Anyway, we didn't go in and found a local pub.. so dunno what its like inside!
We've changed our mind and are heading up to South Bank instead. We were up there last week in the Speakeasy and it's handier for us too, + there's a Nandos :)

Cheers all.

Back
Top Bottom