Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Victoria Line closing early

Minnie_the_Minx said:
But what about if you want to go to Green Park from Brixton to get the Piccadilly Line for Heathrow?

345 to South Kensington?

Train to Victoria then District to South Kensington?

Bus to Oval, Northern to Embankment, then district to South Kensington?

Walk? :p

PacificOcean said:
345 to South Kensington?

Train to Victoria then District to South Kensington?

Bus to Oval, Northern to Embankment, then district to South Kensington?

Walk? :p

Yeah, great fun. Two cases and having to get up the steps at Brixton railway station (of which there are lots) :(

Minnie_the_Minx said:
Yeah, great fun. Two cases and having to get up the steps at Brixton railway station (of which there are lots) :(
It's good exercise you bloody whinger! :p

Xanadu said:
such a pain in the arse. I had to go home via liverpool street last night - took ages!

It's funny, but if I go into Oxford St via Liverpool St it adds 10 minutes to my journey, but when I go home that way it adds 30-40 minutes.

Minnie_the_Minx said:
But what about if you want to go to Green Park from Brixton to get the Piccadilly Line for Heathrow?

If Heathrow Airport (BAA) ge their way, then 5 million members/sympathisers of green groups like Friends of the Earth or the National Trust will be banned from the whole length of the Picadilly Line. :eek: :eek:

No, really. You couldn't make it up. Check out www.tubenightmare.com or the front page of today's Independent.

What kind of oppressive society are we sleepwalking into?

And more immediately and prosaicly, how the heck am i (a self-confessed North East London dweller :rolleyes: ) now supposed to legally get home of an evening? (Don't mention the overland from Liverpool St - thats currently shut mon-thurs for engineering too!) :(

caroline1973 said:
If Heathrow Airport (BAA) ge their way, then 5 million members/sympathisers of green groups like Friends of the Earth or the National Trust will be banned from the whole length of the Picadilly Line. :eek: :eek:

No, really. You couldn't make it up. Check out www.tubenightmare.com or the front page of today's Independent.

What kind of oppressive society are we sleepwalking into?

And more immediately and prosaicly, how the heck am i (a self-confessed North East London dweller :rolleyes: ) now supposed to legally get home of an evening? (Don't mention the overland from Liverpool St - thats currently shut mon-thurs for engineering too!) :(

where do you live then? :confused:

Blackhorse Rd (last stop before Walthamstow). It's very nice IMO. I did think about moving to Brixton once but I've lived in N / NE London all my life and some habits are hard to break!

caroline1973 said:
Blackhorse Rd (last stop before Walthamstow). It's very nice IMO. I did think about moving to Brixton once but I've lived in N / NE London all my life and some habits are hard to break!

going from where?

Well you can get Piccadilly Line to Finsbury Park and then

"replacement buses will operate between Walthamstow Central and Finsbury Park"

yes but the point i was making is that as if that's not already quite annoying enough, BAA are seeking an injunction to ban millions of people from using the Picadilly Line, too! completely mad, and obviously fairly unenforceable, but in principle i object to having to break the law to get home, somehow!

i realise this sounds quite mad but it is all over today's newspapers, some links here www.tubenightmare.com

caroline1973 said:
yes but the point i was making is that as if that's not already quite annoying enough, BAA are seeking an injunction to ban millions of people from using the Picadilly Line, too! completely mad, and obviously fairly unenforceable, but in principle i object to having to break the law to get home, somehow!

i realise this sounds quite mad but it is all over today's newspapers, some links here www.tubenightmare.com

Oh right, forgot about that little point :D

caroline1973 said:

230 from Turnpike Lane?

Back
Top Bottom