Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Very disappointed with Morrissey

Israel is a mess, but is it any worse than Lebanon or Syria or Egypt or anywhere next to Israel?

If it was so terrible then they could just leave...

Trolling or just generally a cock end?

I'm actually not trolling, I am drunk at the moment and I wouldn't say it sober but I'm not trolling I'm just saying that I don't see why Israel is any worse than any of it's neighbours

These aren't European countries! Look what happened last year with the 'Arab Spring', the leaders of Egypt and Tunisia quit because they wanted to but the other countries shot people etc, if the Palestinians were in any country except Israel they would have been wiped out

Not only are you drunk, but you ain't got a clue what you're on about. Look up the word 'diaspora' for starters.

It does piss me off how much hate that Israel gets from Europeans, it tied in with the right wing taking over the EU. Gentiles just have it in for us

I'm actually not trolling, I am drunk at the moment and I wouldn't say it sober but I'm not trolling I'm just saying that I don't see why Israel is any worse than any of it's neighbours

These aren't European countries! Look what happened last year with the 'Arab Spring', the leaders of Egypt and Tunisia quit because they wanted to but the other countries shot people etc, if the Palestinians were in any country except Israel they would have been wiped out

I suggest leaving this topic for now.

Then have a read of the history and what's currently going on.

Oh biggus. Sounds like political insight on about the same level as Johnny Rotten tbh:

“If Elvis-fucking-Costello wants to pull out of a gig in Israel because he’s suddenly got this compassion for Palestinians then good on him. But I have absolutely one rule, right? Until I see an Arab country, a Muslim country, with a democracy, I won’t understand how anyone can have a problem with how they’re treated.”

Bollocks.

At the same time i'm not sure where I stand with cultural/musical boycots of Israel. Who else is going to transform Israeli society progressively than Israelis - both Arabs and Jews? Are they all to blame for the crimes of the state?

Definitely not sure though as it would feel right weird endorsing Morrissey or whoever else playing in Apartheid South Africa...

Back
Top Bottom