Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vegetarian curry, not with chickpeas

miss direct

misfungled
Any recommendations? I can't face any more chick peas. If ingredients are something I can get easily at a small Asda, even better. Must be delicious and spicy, not some bland veggie stew sort of thing.

Beetroot might be hard to get in a small Asda but the may have the vacuum packed stuff which i think would do for this.

This is pretty amazing. It took me ages to find a recipe to replicate This n That's (Manchester curry cafe) cabbage Tuesday.

And this is even better.

Butter beans are good in curry and can replace chickpeas. Also tofu. I don't have any specific recipes as I just chuck stuff in, but you can switch between tomato-based sauce, dairy-based sauce (if not vegan) and coconut milk-based sauce for variety - or even just cornflour thickener as the base.

Back from the shop (went to Jacks rather than Asda - it's a cheap Tesco). I have: chestnut mushrooms, beetroot, baby potatoes, courgettes, onions, garlic, ginger, stock cubes, chilli paste (they didn't have actual chilli peppers), and tinned tomatoes. Plus I have lots of spices in the cupboards. Hopefully I can combine this lot into something delicious.

Back
Top Bottom