Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Valves Vive VR headset. (Made by HTC)

The 'space for VR room' bit only applies to the HTC Vive, I have no space at all but the Oculus works fine.

Well got it. Pretty amazing. Standing up and moving around adds loads. I live in rented accommodation so can't drill the walls to mount the lasers (that's so 21st century that sentence) but a good tip is you can get Velcro mounting stuff from Home Depot (Canadian B&Q). But get the industrial strength stuff for mounting fire extinguishers. The 3M picture frame mounting stuff isn't strong enough. Best games so far....Theblu (diving sim), Elite Dangerous (obviously), Hover Junkers (Mad Maxish shoot 'em up). I've just noticed that Project Cars has migrated to the VR section of my Steam library so I'll check that out and report back. All good so far. I'm running it on 16gb, GTX980ti and an i7.

Hows it going? I'd kind of like to buy project cars to try with my oculus DK2 but I'm afraid it will be too intense for me.

Hows it going? I'd kind of like to buy project cars to try with my oculus DK2 but I'm afraid it will be too intense for me.
Initially frustrating. I live in rented accommodation so I had to find a way to mount the lasers without drilling the walls (industrial Velcro). Then a problem with the software (me not understanding you go through the Vive software not the Steam VR software). But now IT"S ALIVE!!!!
I played Project Cars (which hits the sweet spot between driving simulator and arcade) with a Logitech G27 and it syncs perfectly with the VR. You just got to align the wheel with your perspective through the headset. It's pretty freaky when you turn your head and look around in the car. Just taking a slow lap around the track enjoying the scenery is cool.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom