Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Valentino Rossi Retires From Motorcycle Racing ..

weltweit

He just ran his last race, on 2 wheels at least.

The end of an era.

His long time mechanic said that at times he was so much better than his competition that he could have won on a wooden motorbike :)

Fair play to your career Valentino ...

The professor like schumi retiring from F1

7b52f633-edc7-19ec-d082-d3c613296bdf_1636659645-e1636659849250.jpg

hmm think he might be going into endurance cars as his bike career has finished

he even spent 2 seasons fucking about :D

He just ran his last race, on 2 wheels at least.

The end of an era.

His long time mechanic said that at times he was so much better than his competition that he could have won on a wooden motorbike :)
The GOAT. Watching the past few seasons it may not seem like it, but for so many years he was just staggeringly good.

2008, overtaking Casey Stoner at the corkscrew, Laguna Seca, completely unheard of.

Then the best of the lot at Catalunya 2009. Jorge Lorenzo, the young upstart and likely usurper, on an identical factory Yamaha, spent the final 3 laps outsmarting Vale, wheel to wheel racing but always in the right place at the right time. Timed perfectly to make sure the lead (which had changed hands about 7 times) was his going into the final sequence of corners where overtaking is impossible. Impossible for mere mortals that is... Lorenzo's time would come but there and then it was "sit down son, not yet".

The word legend is massively overused, but in motorcycle racing there's no other way to describe him.

Ciao, Il Doctore, Vale 46.

It feels like he should have retired sooner...
Agree with that, he was never meant to be trundling around in midfield. When he was inches away from being decapitated by a flying crashed bike at head height, that was a reminder that an all time great was still out there risking his life for seemingly no discernable reward.

(Welcome to Urban btw locomotive !)

Agree with that, he was never meant to be trundling around in midfield. When he was inches away from being decapitated by a flying crashed bike at head height, that was a reminder that an all time great was still out there risking his life for seemingly no discernable reward.

(Welcome to Urban btw locomotive !)

I know that's the received wisdom, but I disagree; if you love doing something, then why not do it as long as you can? He clearly loves racing, not just winning. Don't blame him for getting a few extra seasons, albeit I'm glad he's hung up his helmet, now; it's increasingly a young man's game, and an ageing body and slower reactions can amount to a rider pushing his luck - having a kid seems like a good time to stop.

His last season has been quite emotional for me (especially missing Silverstone because I had to self-isolate). I had to buy a new bike to cheer myself up!

the people that got on a bike due to Rossi

will hang around as getting on a bike is a mad idea to begin with

:D
I get that... but the fan zones can't be full of lunatics with bikes, there must be some normal people in there somewhere!

of course people uninvolved in motorsport just hang around paddocks and fans zones

it motogp not f1, its little bit more motorcycle oriented

Back
Top Bottom