Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK photographers: the law and your rights: discussion

More photography laws?

• Total voters
There is an odd youtube subcult who engineer conflicts with the police then claim they are on a campaign for photographers rights. Two I saw recently involved one guy setting up a video camera and tripod outside a police staff carpark in the dark and other of a chap dressed head to toe in black, with a full face crash helmet camped outside the main entrance of a police station with a tripod.

Get this for a pisstake. Accredited photographer set to shoot at a Foo Fighters gig in Manchester this weekend is forced to sign a contract effectively giving over all his copyright to the band.

Quite rightly he refused.

Get this for a pisstake. Accredited photographer set to shoot at a Foo Fighters gig in Manchester this weekend is forced to sign a contract effectively giving over all his copyright to the band.

Quite rightly he refused.

I've seen this quite a few times in things I've covered and just ignored any subsequent request to send (and I quote directly) "all my photos" to the organisers.

In fact it's not unusual for organisers/PR companies to ask you to send over all your work for free after the event, even when no contract has been signed.

I've seen this quite a few times in things I've covered and just ignored any subsequent request to send (and I quote directly) "all my photos" to the organisers.

In fact it's not unusual for organisers/PR companies to ask you to send over all your work for free after the event, even when no contract has been signed.

Yeah terrible. I mean I guess it’s one thing to ask to use images after, but for a mega wealthy band like this to demand all rights be signed over before the gig seems totally unacceptable. Shame.

I believe Taylor Swift (well, lets face it, her management) has form for this as well, as someone I know found out when he dared to mention it on a fan forum, thus unleashing the full fury of the the fucking cult that follows her around :facepalm: :D

Back
Top Bottom